April 2015 citizenship Applicants

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi folks a good news for me :D

We sent you a notice on December 22, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 15, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Seweify said:
they have to close your application before 31st of March 2016
There is nothing such as "they have to close your application before 31st of March 2016". CIC engaged to that, but this is far from being a guarantee. If they don't close by that date, it's only then that a CIC Call Center agent will look into your file (when you give them a call) then send a request to your local office and ask you to wait up to 6 months again !

Since the last couple of years, we have seen most of routine applications being processed in less than a year, but more than 12 months scenario still happens, and we should not be surprised to see some applications being processed in more than 12 months even if they are/seem to be routine.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
cassied said:
hi folks a good news for me :D

We sent you a notice on December 22, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 15, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Congrats cassied, your local office is Montreal right ?

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
cassied said:
Thank you. yes it is
Well, I did my test the next day you did and got decision made one week after you had...Hopefully I will receive an invite next week or early January :) we'll see.

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
When did she apply?

I did my test in Montreal (see timeline below) but I am still waiting for the Oath. I can't see the logic with the Oath (and tests and others) invitations... Let's wait and see if something comes around January...

When my wife had her Decision Made back few months ago, she received her Oath invite about a week later.
She applied in july.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Amine Concordia said:
She applied in july.
This last July ? That's quite fast.
I don't know but it looks like those applications sent post June 11th are getting processed quite quickly compared to the old rule applications... Don't know if true or wrong, but to me it seems the case.

brzykanadan

Feb 19, 2015
Hey guys. Just want to vent. Done test Oct 19 in Van. Decision made a week after. Just waitin for oath but I know Van is sooo slow to schedule oath. I just cant wait. I am so excited. Checking ECAS everyday and planning the oath day as a celebration (wanna take my Canadian kids to show them what a privilage they have to have it so easy). time goes soo slow..when oh when...bet many of you feel the same....

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
This last July ? That's quite fast.
I don't know but it looks like those applications sent post June 11th are getting processed quite quickly compared to the old rule applications... Don't know if true or wrong, but to me it seems the case.
Yep, July 2015. The only thing I know is there is no logic in CIC processing.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Amine Concordia said:
Yep, July 2015. The only thing I know is there is no logic in CIC processing.
\

lol, 100% agree :)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
brzykanadan said:
Hey guys. Just want to vent. Done test Oct 19 in Van. Decision made a week after. Just waitin for oath but I know Van is sooo slow to schedule oath. I just cant wait. I am so excited. Checking ECAS everyday and planning the oath day as a celebration (wanna take my Canadian kids to show them what a privilage they have to have it so easy). time goes soo slow..when oh when...bet many of you feel the same....
I remember when we started this thread back in April, the 1st who started getting test invites were West Coast chaps. Seems that now you guys are getting delayed for your oath letters... Funny the way CIC is dealing in different regions.

And yes, pretty sure many of us are daily (if not more) checking their Ecas :)

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
brzykanadan said:
Same thing here, but done test in July :) . My case might be different though as they requested fingerprint in August, but in all cases I agree it is taking so looooooong