+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

nly9drf

Apr 12, 2014
My time line
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April . Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May , 2014.

citizenship test on December 2014

rajesh_sharma

Jan 20, 2013
Guys, I am rajesh and have applied for citizenship on April 15th 2014 and my application started processing on June 19, 2014. Later date, I got Acknowledgement letter in June as well. But I have not got any Test date yet? do you guys know whether its normal delay for all the applicants? Can you let me know how to find out what is happening with my application (like may be caip notes)?

Thanks,
Rajesh

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajesh_sharma said:
Guys, I am rajesh and have applied for citizenship on April 15th 2014 and my application started processing on June 19, 2014. Later date, I got Acknowledgement letter in June as well. But I have not got any Test date yet? do you guys know whether its normal delay for all the applicants? Can you let me know how to find out what is happening with my application (like may be caip notes)?

Thanks,
Rajesh
Hi Rajesh. It really depends on the local office. There are really fast ones, like Mississauga, and slow ones. My timeline was quite similar to yours (check my signature) and I got the test invite 2-3 weeks ago. So, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure you will receive your invite soon. You can always call CIC line and ask if your file was transferred to the local office. They will know for sure. :)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ondang2 said:
hello guys i check my ecas today and i have an oath invitation on December 12, 2014.....so happy and goodluck to everyone..... ;D :D :D

Application received April 28, 2014
Processing start July 21, 2014
Test date September 8, 2014
oathtaking December 12, 2014
WOW! Congrats! :)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eswiz said:
Just got my oath date in the post. On the 5th December I will become a Canadian Citizen!
Yay! Congrats, Eswiz! :)

Nov 24, 2014
Hi,
I have applied my citizenship on April,2014 and got acknowledgement letter on June 25,2014.But my problem is that I have been charged a domestic assault which happened this year October. I am bit confused about whether my test date will come or not? or will I have to contact with them in this regard. Could you pls give me suggestions and guideline?

AM

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ancient mariner said:
Hi,
I have applied my citizenship on April,2014 and got acknowledgement letter on June 25,2014.But my problem is that I have been charged a domestic assault which happened this year October. I am bit confused about whether my test date will come or not? or will I have to contact with them in this regard. Could you pls give me suggestions and guideline?

AM
Assault is a hybrid offence, which means it can be tried summarily (as a summary conviction offence) or an indictment (indictable offence). The category will depend on the seriousness of the offence and your criminal record. Indictable offence is a problem, and not only because it's prohibited under the Citizenship Act. We are talking the difference between jail, probation or a fine, so your future in general. You need the offence to be tried summarily, and your best bet may be to plead guilty in order to receive conditional discharge (you will avoid getting a record). My best advice for you is get a lawyer ASAP. Not only because of the citizenship but also because of your future. To answer your question regarding test notice, it really doesn't matter. On the day of the test, you will have to sign the declaration that you are free of any prohibitions under Citizenship Act, which you are not (charged with assault). Please seek a lawyer's advice immediately. Good luck.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:
AED - Good luck with your test today!
We survived! :) The officers were extremely friendly and the test simple. Just read the booklet and you will be fine! :D The officer checked our passports, landing doc, and IDs. Everything lasted maybe 5-7 minutes for both of us. That's it. Application approved. We were informed they will send us the oath letters in about 2 months. Ah, one more thing, each family can bring only 1 visitor to the oath ceremony at the Kitchener office. It indeed is small. Kinda like... a post office. :p

pomtoby

Nov 24, 2014
Just got test letter today. Here is my time line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 3, 2014.

e-cas reviced line disappeared around end of sep.

Test date Dec 22, 2014

Windsor office

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pomtoby said:
Just got test letter today. Here is my time line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 3, 2014.

e-cas reviced line disappeared around end of sep.

Test date Dec 22, 2014

Windsor office
Congrats!!! :)

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I received my test letter today.. the date on the letter is November 19. and the test is on December 9.. Montreal office..

There is no update on my ecas..

For the test, what is the format ? I realise its 20 questions from previous posts, how much time do you get and how much does one need to score.

And Congrats to everyone who have an Oath date now :)

Cheers

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huerlaw said:
Hello all,

I received my test letter today.. the date on the letter is November 19. and the test is on December 9.. Montreal office..

There is no update on my ecas..

For the test, what is the format ? I realise its 20 questions from previous posts, how much time do you get and how much does one need to score.

And Congrats to everyone who have an Oath date now :)

Cheers
Congrats! :) You will have 30 minutes to solve 20 questions. You need 15 questions (75%) to pass. That's all! Good luck! :D

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aed said:
Congrats! :) You will have 30 minutes to solve 20 questions. You need 15 questions (75%) to pass. That's all! Good luck! :D
Thanks a lot aed ! Cheers !

fortq

Oct 21, 2014
I apply in 9 April in Sydney, NS from Saskatchewan and in June 9 they start the application. I didnt have any updates.