+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobyM said:
Just to update..

I just wrote the test (19/20) and had my interview. The test was a bit trickier than I thought, particularly True/False questions; I thought all would be multiple choices but about half of them were T/F. Anyway, the test took about 14 mins and then I waited for about an hour or so to be called for the interview. The interview was straightforward and took about 5-10 mins. All the interviewers were young, polite, and friendly. I had my work records, education records, CBSA report, tax notices, etc. However, to my surprise, the interviewer did not even ask to see or verify them. I was not lucky enough to be given the oath letter at the interview, but was told it would be mailed to me within a month.
Congratulations, BobyM! :D You're almost there! :)

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
BobyM said:
Thank you. It's Mississauga.
You been tested at Mississauga and no oath letter handed it is a surprise? What time was your test? I saw some post about 7:45 AM people not getting oath invites right on spot.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobyM said:
Thank you aed, hope so. Hopefully yours is on the way.
Yes. I'm sure it will arrive hand engraved. :D You Mississauga folks might be getting yours within a month, but it's just a plain paper... :p

Zearus

Jun 15, 2014
hi all

so finally I am a Canadian Citizen :p
Took my oath. now moving on with my life :D

I hope everybody here gets their application processed in timely manner.

Good luck people. posting my timeline one last time

- file sent - 10 april
- process start june 10
- aor/letter and book received - 24 july
- received line disappeared on ecas - 30 august
- letter to write test - 25 sept (no update on ecas. the letter came in post)
- wrote test on 10 aug - interview same day - was given oath / ceremony letter same day by the interviewer
- took oath in same week and became citizen

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zearus said:
hi all

so finally I am a Canadian Citizen :p
Took my oath. now moving on with my life :D

I hope everybody here gets their application processed in timely manner.

Good luck people. posting my timeline one last time

- file sent - 10 april
- process start june 10
- aor/letter and book received - 24 july
- received line disappeared on ecas - 30 august
- letter to write test - 25 sept (no update on ecas. the letter came in post)
- wrote test on 10 aug - interview same day - was given oath / ceremony letter same day by the interviewer
- took oath in same week and became citizen
Congrats! :)

nly9drf

Apr 12, 2014
MY TIME LINE

FILE REC 4TH APRIL
CASE IN PROCESS SINCE 29TH MAY.
NOTHING AFTER THAT :eek:

dont know whats going on.. local office will be Mississauga

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nly9drf said:
MY TIME LINE

FILE REC 4TH APRIL
CASE IN PROCESS SINCE 29TH MAY.
NOTHING AFTER THAT :eek:

dont know whats going on.. local office will be Mississauga

Stay positive, you will be there soon ;)

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've just received my oath letter, scheduled for Oct 31. Apparently, as my test was in early morning on Oct 16, they didn't have oath letters printed, so they sent me one on Oct 17.

Wish everyone a speedy process and hope everyone gets to the end of their immigration/citizenship journey as soon as possible.

Cheers...

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobyM said:
I've just received my oath letter, scheduled for Oct 31. I guess I am going to have to take the oath while in Halloween costume.

Apparently, as my test was in early morning on Oct 16, they didn't have oath letters printed, so they sent me one on Oct 17.

Wish everyone a real speedy process and hope everyone gets to the end of their immigration/citizenship journey as soon as possible.

Cheers...
Congrats BobyM

marren

Oct 15, 2014
huerlaw said:
I haven't heard anything.. this is my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on June 3, 2014.

When I called CIC to check on my change of address at the end of August, the agent told me that my file has been transferred to Montreal..

What is your timeline ?

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 27, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April27, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on June24, 2014.

When i called the agent she did not tell me any thing about my file just said be patient it takes 24 month the procedure , it was a bit frustrating

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobyM said:
I've just received my oath letter, scheduled for Oct 31. I guess I am going to have to take the oath while in Halloween costume.

Apparently, as my test was in early morning on Oct 16, they didn't have oath letters printed, so they sent me one on Oct 17.

Wish everyone a real speedy process and hope everyone gets to the end of their immigration/citizenship journey as soon as possible.

Cheers...
Congrats, BobyM. :D

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship applicants friends,

My time line is as under, upon their last request I have provided them "Name change certificate", on line they changed my name too. Now when will I get my test letter? My local office is Vancouver.

Thanks

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.