+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:
Guys I need your help ... does anybody know what the below mean ??? is in an RQ ?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 9, 2014.

We sent you a letter on September 9, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
The letter was about the request to change the name on the citizenship certificate ... Thank God

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
Maybe finger print. Heard RQ wouldn't show on ecas
Finger print did not show on ECAS for me (I received a fingerprint request)

Flying high

May 27, 2014
Yaaay,

Called CIC today and been told that test letter has been sent yesterday. Test will be held on Oct 5 @ Mississauga.

Good luck everyone we getting there.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 27, 2014.

Received line disappeared on Aug 13.

File sent to local office Aug 13.

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flying high said:
Yaaay,

Called CIC today and been told that test letter has been sent yesterday. Test will be held on Oct 5 @ Mississauga.

Good luck everyone we getting there.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 27, 2014.

Received line disappeared on Aug 13.

File sent to local office Aug 13.
It seems that the test letter will be send out after received line disappeared one month.

ash001

Dec 2, 2013
My time line

App received April 11 - 2014
In process June 11 -2014

My received line is still there. I called CIC,they told me file is in Sydney
Why received line has not disappeared. Any reason

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ash001 said:
My time line

App received April 11 - 2014
In process June 11 -2014

My received line is still there. I called CIC,they told me file is in Sydney
Why received line has not disappeared. Any reason
Good luck.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Usyaid said:
Today i got my fingerprint request from Calgary office. ( 15-09-2014)
Well as per your previous posts , it appears that your appliaction got into process sometimes in July . As you have received finger print request from Calgary looks like it has been transferred to your local office (in around 2 months after getting in process) . Besides, as you have received finger print request which shows that some officer has actually opened your file and is currently working in it . As Calgary is considered as one of the slowest offices in Canada , so in my view its a good sign (I really hope that finger print request wont delay your case more than few weeks or so) .Seems like the new decision making model is working for new appliacnts like us :)

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:
The letter was about the request to change the name on the citizenship certificate ... Thank God
Just wanted to know what does "Request to change the name on the citizenship certificate means? Does that mean that you applied for this change?

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today my ECAS reflected " We sent you a letter on September 19, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us"

Not sure what this could mean. Does anyone has any idea what this could possibly be? I heave heard that RQ / finger print requests do not show up on ECAS...

Ahmed12345

Sep 22, 2014
Hi Guys,

I need help please. NS office sent me a request for additional information but i lost the slef addressed envlope that they included with the request. Any idea which address to send the documents?

Many Thanks!

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJ_002 said:
Today my ECAS reflected " We sent you a letter on September 19, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us"

Not sure what this could mean. Does anyone has any idea what this could possibly be? I heave heard that RQ / finger print requests do not show up on ECAS...
Another guy from June applicants also refected the same infomation on Ecas update today.

milestogo said:
Guys wanted to share this: Any one got similar response (Hope not going towards RQ )

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter on September 18, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

E cas update : September 22 (saying we asked for info on Sep 18)
Actually it'll show the following information on ECAS if a test invitation was issued by cic,

"We sent you a notice on XXXX XX, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on XXXX XX, 2014 at XX:XX AM(PM). The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

Good luck.