Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Canuckwannabe said:
Hi guys, i just wrote on the London thread and realized that I should update the April applicants too... I checked ecas this morning and it said decision made!! I had to look several times to convince myself that I was not seeing things but my eyes were not playing tricks on me! It also said that they started processing on Nov 26th and decision made today although ecas never changed from "application received" until today. So now I will wait for the COPR to arrive and finally we can go across the border to land. Our application was sent to London (we think) on August 2nd so it looks like they are finishing up with the July pile! Fingers crossed for those of you who are still waiting, and I will let you know how the landing goes in a few weeks :eek:)
COngrats! the April Spreadsheet starts to really look nice, and colorful!
Sweden

fireluck

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
August or September 2013
Hi guys... congratulations to everyone who got their visas!

question:
1. whom do they send the request for passport? to the sponsor or the sponsored?
2. what documents did they return after you got your visas? did they return the personal pictures you sent them as proof?

thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fireluck said:
Hi guys... congratulations to everyone who got their visas!

question:
1. whom do they send the request for passport? to the sponsor or the sponsored?
2. what documents did they return after you got your visas? did they return the personal pictures you sent them as proof?

thanks!
The applicant (sponsored) gets the request for passport ( and in general any correspondence about the application), unless you( as a sponsor) have been added as legal representative - then the representative gets the correspondence.
My Vo didn't return anything - they just sent the COPR in the mail, and that was it. I didn't ask for anything though, so maybe they would have sent something back if asked. I only printed digital pictures on normal paper, so probably they didn't see the need to send anything back (no originals of anything, apart from translations for rent contract, and original police certificates...). Each VO is different, and if there is something you really want back, you can ask for it (whether you will get it or not is a lucky guess!).

How are you doing otherwise? hope all is well for you!
Cheers,
Sweden

fireluck

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
August or September 2013
Sweden said:
The applicant (sponsored) gets the request for passport ( and in general any correspondence about the application), unless you( as a sponsor) have been added as legal representative - then the representative gets the correspondence.
My Vo didn't return anything - they just sent the COPR in the mail, and that was it. I didn't ask for anything though, so maybe they would have sent something back if asked. I only printed digital pictures on normal paper, so probably they didn't see the need to send anything back (no originals of anything, apart from translations for rent contract, and original police certificates...). Each VO is different, and if there is something you really want back, you can ask for it (whether you will get it or not is a lucky guess!).

How are you doing otherwise? hope all is well for you!
Cheers,
Sweden
Thanks Sweden and congratulations. We are okay... still in the waiting game. Baby is getting bigger like 6 months now and thank God for Apple facetime which makes things more bearable.

WaterDad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
AOR Received.
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-03-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made-- 01/12/2012
Decision Made!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
WaterDad said:
Decision Made!
Congrats! great to hear... Things are moving a little for Aprilicants! :) hopefully more to come next week!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fireluck said:
Thanks Sweden and congratulations. We are okay... still in the waiting game. Baby is getting bigger like 6 months now and thank God for Apple facetime which makes things more bearable.
thanks !
wow - 6 months, I can imagine that you are super busy with a baby and being on your own... hope that your partner can come very soon! and yes - modern communication makes it so much easier - can't even imagine what it would have been to be aprt 10 or 15 years ago....
Fingers crossed that your VO opens your file soon, and just approves it!
Sweden

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
Been checking ecas like crazy since sending in my husbands passport, this morning it changed to decision made! now I'll be stalking the mailman like crazy :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sunshine87 said:
Been checking ecas like crazy since sending in my husbands passport, this morning it changed to decision made! now I'll be stalking the mailman like crazy :D
Yeah! congrats, that's great to hear!

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
Well much to my surprise my COPR arrived today in Vancouver less than a week since London mailed it! It doesn't seem real that I have spent months stalking ecas and wondering if the whole process would ever end and now I am practically done and faced with job hunting several months before I expected to be able to. I plan to take a trip to Seattle on Saturday and "Land" on the way home so I shall let everyone know how that goes. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get refused entry to the states as we would like to make a day out of it rather than just being sent straight back at the border. Also for anyone looking at coming to BC and wondering about health insurance I was quoted $75 dollars with BCAA as a landed immigrant to cover me until my BC health coverage starts in January (this also allows you a visit to the states for landing). Another tip I can offer for anyone arriving into BC to wait for their PR to be finalized is that if you contact MSP they can assess your individual circumstances and sometimes you can start the 3 month waiting period from the date you arrive in BC as a visitor rather than waiting 3 months from the date you land officially with PR. But I have to stress that this is an individual assessment and not guaranteed. All I did was fill in the form which you find online (adding a spouse to your medical coverage) and sent in a copy of the receipt for our application payment, a copy of my visitor record from my passport, and the page from Ecas which states when your application was received. My flight arrived in Vancouver on Oct 12th so once they had reviewed my case they agreed that my 3 month wait period for health coverage would start from that date. I then called them today to confirm I had received my COPR and they said all I need to do is mail them a copy and instead of my MSP expiring in April (the date my visitor record would expire) they will automatically extend it as a landed immigrant. This may or not be of use to others to know, but for anyone in a similar situation it may be worth investigating so that you have health coverage sooner, but I should add that I did already have an MSP health number from two years ago when I had lived here on a working visa, so although this had expired I did however have records. Anyway thats enough from me for now, and good luck to everyone! :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Canuckwannabe said:
Well much to my surprise my COPR arrived today in Vancouver less than a week since London mailed it! It doesn't seem real that I have spent months stalking ecas and wondering if the whole process would ever end and now I am practically done and faced with job hunting several months before I expected to be able to. I plan to take a trip to Seattle on Saturday and "Land" on the way home so I shall let everyone know how that goes. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get refused entry to the states as we would like to make a day out of it rather than just being sent straight back at the border. Also for anyone looking at coming to BC and wondering about health insurance I was quoted $75 dollars with BCAA as a landed immigrant to cover me until my BC health coverage starts in January (this also allows you a visit to the states for landing). Another tip I can offer for anyone arriving into BC to wait for their PR to be finalized is that if you contact MSP they can assess your individual circumstances and sometimes you can start the 3 month waiting period from the date you arrive in BC as a visitor rather than waiting 3 months from the date you land officially with PR. But I have to stress that this is an individual assessment and not guaranteed. All I did was fill in the form which you find online (adding a spouse to your medical coverage) and sent in a copy of the receipt for our application payment, a copy of my visitor record from my passport, and the page from Ecas which states when your application was received. My flight arrived in Vancouver on Oct 12th so once they had reviewed my case they agreed that my 3 month wait period for health coverage would start from that date. I then called them today to confirm I had received my COPR and they said all I need to do is mail them a copy and instead of my MSP expiring in April (the date my visitor record would expire) they will automatically extend it as a landed immigrant. This may or not be of use to others to know, but for anyone in a similar situation it may be worth investigating so that you have health coverage sooner, but I should add that I did already have an MSP health number from two years ago when I had lived here on a working visa, so although this had expired I did however have records. Anyway thats enough from me for now, and good luck to everyone! :D
Hey,

Congrats again! :) I'm also in BC, and apparently if your spouse has been a resident of BC and already covered by MSP, you can be added directly to his/her plan without the 3 months waiting period...

if your spouse's MSP coverage is still current, you can go to the website and fill out the "MSP Account Change" form, adding you as spouse (applies to common-law as well). This will give me coverage as soon as it is processed, no 3 month waiting period.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but will do next week.... (and if I don't get it, I'll try the BCAA to see what I can get...)

Good luck for the landing - there's no reason why they would refuse you though! enjoy the trip...
Sweden

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
Sweden said:
Hey,

Congrats again! :) I'm also in BC, and apparently if your spouse has been a resident of BC and already covered by MSP, you can be added directly to his/her plan without the 3 months waiting period...

if your spouse's MSP coverage is still current, you can go to the website and fill out the "MSP Account Change" form, adding you as spouse (applies to common-law as well). This will give me coverage as soon as it is processed, no 3 month waiting period.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but will do next week.... (and if I don't get it, I'll try the BCAA to see what I can get...)

Good luck for the landing - there's no reason why they would refuse you though! enjoy the trip...
Sweden
I truly believe it depends on who you talk to when contacting MSP as we have received lots of conflicting advice, but when I was here before on a working visa we added me on to my other half's MSP plan but you still have a wait period. They say three months when in fact its the remainder of the month in which you arrive in to Canada, followed by two consecutive months, and we have been told the same thing this time. The problem is that on the website (and the call centre agents) seem to be wary of giving direct advice, and so on both occasions we were told to mail in certain documents and they will notify you of their decisions. But fingers crossed you will be told that your coverage will start asap when you contact them next week! Also the BCAA advise that you are only eligible for the landed immigrant / visitor insurance if you apply within a certain time frame. (I can't remember for sure without looking but I think its something like 60 days since you arrived in Canada.) Good luck!!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Congrats SunShine!! Congrats Canuckwannabe!!

Now I'ma rant alittle bit I thought since I was landed I was done with the ranting but.... now that I have landed I started switching things over to my married name easy right according to service Canada and service Ontario no problem as long as you have a legal name change (which a marriage certificate is a legal name change) service Ontario had no problem changing my driver license same lady same day I apply for my health card same documents CoPR marriage certificate and Ontario DL fill out application got my print out with the info I need in case the card doesn't show up on time blah blah well today I get a letter from the main office in Kingston saying... we need you to send us a copy of your most recent immigration papers and a copy of your legal name change ok so I have no problem sending them copies but why did I stand in line at service Ontario for almost an hour show the woman these very documents, watched her enter all the info into the system, had a comment box where she typed out my marriage certificate was my legal name change and the certificate #... just to be asked for copies? I could have just filled out the application got copies and mailed it in saving myself an hour LOL so I go to service Canada to apply for my SIN I asked her if I could get my SIN card in my married name she was like oh yea all I need is your marriage certificate so we did all the paperwork and she issued me a SIN so the card comes today (atleast everything arrived all together new DL too LOL) and in the wrong name so I hadta go back down to have it switched over least it only took 10 mins to do that... can anyone say murphy's law?!?! told ya if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all HAHA makes me feel like I should be waiting for someone from CIC to jump out of the shadows and yelling "you just been punk'd" :p

jitsak

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17april2012
AOR Received.
7 july 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3 aug 2012 decsion made since sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
issued on 10 Sept 2012 (but received on 23 Jan 2013)
LANDED..........
19 feb 2013
Hi

i m a new member..jst wanted to know wat is GCMS notes & MP. Also wen & how should i order it?

had submitted my passport 4 months back in NDVO, bt hv nt received any info since thn..
so wanted to knw if ordering GCMS notes or MP will help???