+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2011 Applicants share their views here

enna00

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
uccemebug said:
Great! This is the first request for interview any of us Aprilites have experienced, good to hear that schedulinig an interview is not going to be a major wait in of itself. (One hears that it's quite different for inland interviews.)
very stressful because we have to know collect supplementary proof there is so much documents to go through but all worth it

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
Well contacted my local MP and they could not help, but in the end they did say if I re-wrote my e-mail to be more concise and leave out the spreadsheet, as it was not provable, they would forward my concerns to Jason Kenney, Minister of Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism. Let's see what Minister Jason Kenney has to say or does if anything.

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's safe to say we completed our journey. Wife is in Singapore, and just had her passport returned. ALONG WITH HER PR VISA.

:)

BTW, our ECAS status is still showing "In Process", despite sending the VO a new medical (no remark regarding receiving a new medical at all), and a bunch of other updated documents.

So, I guess it's true that ECAS is no way an accurate representation of the entire progress.

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
Heey i have been sponsored by my wife which lives with me outside Canada , we sent our application 1 week ago through courier mail, application delivered on 2nd of April. How can i follow my application ??
how can i know that processing is started on my application ??
Is there is any letter from CIC shows that they received my Application ??
When does can I use CAS service since i do not know the identification type and Number ??

plz help me

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
evanhindra said:
I think it's safe to say we completed our journey. Wife is in Singapore, and just had her passport returned. ALONG WITH HER PR VISA.

:)

BTW, our ECAS status is still showing "In Process", despite sending the VO a new medical (no remark regarding receiving a new medical at all), and a bunch of other updated documents.

So, I guess it's true that ECAS is no way an accurate representation of the entire progress.
Congratulations!! It's amazing to me how variable and opaque the system is, but at least you're on your way.

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
wargo said:
Heey i have been sponsored by my wife which lives with me outside Canada , we sent our application 1 week ago through courier mail, application delivered on 2nd of April. How can i follow my application ??
how can i know that processing is started on my application ??
Is there is any letter from CIC shows that they received my Application ??
When does can I use CAS service since i do not know the identification type and Number ??

plz help me
Welcome to the wait, wargo. These are the questions all of us face. I assume from what you've said that you used the procedure for an "outland" spouse? That's what I did, and I received notice after about five weeks that I had approved as a sponsor and that the application had been sent to my wife's country. We've all had different experiences, though: perhaps you can look at the spreadsheet in my signature to get an idea for the timelines involved. Note the count of days on each milestone; they vary a lot.

If there's a thread for April 2012 applicants, I suggest you track it and contribute with your experiences. If there isn't one yet - start one! 8^)

R

robin55

hey i am a dependent and our family had a medical 10 months ago and we sent our passports 9 months ago..now the problem is my parents passport is valid till june 2012 and it is still with embassy..the question is will CHC new Delhi issue visa on 2 months valid passports??? and will there be no problem at airport and immigration in India and Canada while travelling with 2 or 1 month valid passports???...can anyone help with a answer?????? thanks in advance for any answer...

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robin55 said:
hey i am a dependent and our family had a medical 10 months ago and we sent our passports 9 months ago..now the problem is my parents passport is valid till june 2012 and it is still with embassy..the question is will CHC new Delhi issue visa on 2 months valid passports??? and will there be no problem at airport and immigration in India and Canada while travelling with 2 or 1 month valid passports???...can anyone help with a answer?????? thanks in advance for any answer...
Normally they do issue visa as when you submitted passport it was valid for more than a year. If there will be an issue they will ask you to get your passport renewed. I have heard a story in which the passport was about to expire but visa was still valid on it. That person renewed his passport and traveled. There were no issues since he took his old passport with him, which had a valid visa.

I hope this helps and good luck

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
So, I got a reply back from the Minister's office:

Sent: April 5, 2012 11:53 AM
To: Rathgeber, Brent - Riding 1B
Subject: RE: brent.rathgeber.c1b @ parl.gc.ca
Dear *MP's assistant name*:
This is in reply to your e‐mail of April 2, 2012, addressed to the Office of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of
Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the processing of the application for permanent residence of
Dragoon's wife, *Spouse's name*.
We appreciate Mr. Dragoon's concern with the processing of his wife's application. Please be assured that Citizenship and
Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of
all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements. CIC is committed to
providing the best possible service to all clients within the context of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
and its Regulations, and that decisions are neither discriminatory nor arbitrary.
Family reunification is a priority of CIC. Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and
spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, it is a 2‐step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the
requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory
requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the visa officer must be satisfied that the
applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not
entered into for immigration purposes only.
Under IRPA, visa officers are authorized to interview applicants to confirm their identities and relationship to sponsors
and other family members. Interviews are generally conducted to:
• get information that is unavailable from the documents on file;
• clarify information (e.g., intentions of applicants);
• give counselling;
• provide applicants with an opportunity to respond to an officer's concerns regarding elements of the
application; and
• inform applicants about decisions.
Our records confirm that Mrs. *Spouse* application for permanent residence was received at the visa office in Singapore
on May 13, 2011, and an initial paper screening has been conducted. Although some notes have been entered on file, a
decision on the application has not yet been taken. The visa officer who reviewed the documents has determined that
an interview with the applicant will be required. Mrs. *Spouse* file is in the interview queue and she will be notified as
soon as an appointment can be scheduled. Mrs. *Spouse* can be assured that she will be given the opportunity to respond
to any concerns that the visa officer may raise.
We hope that this information is of assistance in responding to Mr. Dragoon.
Ministerial Enquiries Division

*Replaced my name with my forum name and wife's name with spouse :p. As you can see they responded with a generic response. At least my MP helped with forwarding my concerns with how bias, prejudice, and unprofessional the VO was.

R

ramzi83

adeelad said:
My application was reached CIC Mississauga on 3rd of March.
Waiting game is on>>>>>> 8)

Hi Am new in this forum we sent our application in end of march
application delivered but still we didnt have any # to track our case can u tell me wat is AOR? am lil bit confused about using this forum my visa office is also ISB also just tell me after sending application now wat will b next step?

Thx in Advance...

enna00

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
well updated to my case- interview went excellent the vo was very nice and wants us reunited again woooooooooooo new medicals have been requested the interview was done in person.

R

robin55

hey
is ur case of parents nd grand parents???or marrige base case???pleae let me know...

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
Dragoon said:
We hope that this information is of assistance in responding to Mr. Dragoon.
Ministerial Enquiries Division
I hope you found it "of some assistance". And yet it's worth writing because they typically assume that for every one who writes there are ten with the same opinion.

ramzi83 said:
Hi Am new in this forum we sent our application in end of march
application delivered but still we didnt have any # to track our case can u tell me wat is AOR? am lil bit confused about using this forum my visa office is also ISB also just tell me after sending application now wat will b next step?

Thx in Advance...
Welcome to the forum. There have been some similar questions in the thread (above), have a look at the responses there.

robin55 said:
hey
is ur case of parents nd grand parents???or marrige base case???pleae let me know...
Hello. This is a thread for spousal applications that were initiated in April of 2011.

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
enna00 said:
well updated to my case- interview went excellent the vo was very nice and wants us reunited again woooooooooooo new medicals have been requested the interview was done in person.
That's great to hear, enna00!!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Dragoon,

Hope all goes well for your wife!

Don't let the interview scare you. It should be a relaxing time, because you are in a position to actually SPEAK to someone face-to-face. All the papers in the world can never replace real, live communication.

For my wife and I, personally, I don't want the hassle and disruption of going to Hong Kong for an interview. That said, if they do feel it necessary to interview us, I'm not going to be worried at all. I will talk to them in such a way that they will know with certainty that our relationship is real...and we'll bring our son along with us to help make our point...I'll be teaching him "Visa now you son a bitch!"...haha...only joking...

FS