Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
peoples_champ said:
Hello everyone,

Didn't know there is a group for April applicants ;)
Filed applicant in Mississauga office in April 2011.
Approved and file sent to Islamabad- Pakistan office in May 2011.
Haven't heard anything on case since May 2011.

Any tips on what I should be doing to check status on the case. It is just to hard to live far away from family, especially when I have a 14 months old daughter.
Definitely file a request for information on your file. That's a long time to be waiting!

Here's how.

http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, Islamabad is one of the slower VOs and the processing time for them is a whopping 26 months. Translation: Based on the last 12 months' data, 80% of files at Islamabad were finalized (that means from when they were first received at Islamabad to when visa was issued, landing is not counted and is something that's in your court, so to speak) within 26 months. Naturally, many people get theirs visas much sooner than 26 months and some have to wait longer. While I would recommend ordering GCMS notes to anyone (I don't know how much info you'll find there at this point, but I do recommend it), you're within the normal processing times for your VO (unfortunately).
peoples_champ said:
Hello everyone,

Didn't know there is a group for April applicants ;)
Filed applicant in Mississauga office in April 2011.
Approved and file sent to Islamabad- Pakistan office in May 2011.
Haven't heard anything on case since May 2011.

Any tips on what I should be doing to check status on the case. It is just to hard to live far away from family, especially when I have a 14 months old daughter.

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
ddobro2 said:
While I would recommend ordering GCMS notes to anyone (I don't know how much info you'll find there at this point, but I do recommend it), you're within the normal processing times for your VO (unfortunately).
Wow. Thanks for the advice, ddobro2.

I noticed the other day a story in which a Canadian fellow and his PR-applicant wife had to have their baby delivered in a hotel bathroom on account of the long delays. That could have happened to my wife (due May 12) and I if we'd applied via the inland process as that couple did. I have the advice of this forum to thank for our decision to use the outland process.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/02/24/bc-motelbaby.html

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh wow, that is craaaazay. Thanks for sharing that story. Like you I'm not sure why they decided to file inland. Had she done outland, London's processing time is 7 months and I don't know when she got pregnant and when she filed (article says, "early in her pregnancy," but she likely would have been done before the birth and thus covered by health insurance. Also not sure how she was able to undergo the medical pregnant (they will not allow pregnant women to do the chest x-ray, but I'm pretty sure the medical is a 'no go' without said x-ray). Other thing I don't understand was why she said she "can't work in Scotland." Well, I can imagine she wouldn't work in Scotland as a firefighter while pregnant, lol, but she can legally work there is the point so she could have taken another job but more importantly, been covered by health insurance when she delivered. I understand that flights to the UK are expensive and they didn't think they could afford it, but they're a lot less expensive than a $10,000 delivery in Canada.
uccemebug said:
Wow. Thanks for the advice, ddobro2.

I noticed the other day a story in which a Canadian fellow and his PR-applicant wife had to have their baby delivered in a hotel bathroom on account of the long delays. That could have happened to my wife (due May 12) and I if we'd applied via the inland process as that couple did. I have the advice of this forum to thank for our decision to use the outland process.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/02/24/bc-motelbaby.html

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
ddobro2 said:
Oh wow, that is craaaazay. Thanks for sharing that story. Like you I'm not sure why they decided to file inland. Had she done outland, London's processing time is 7 months and I don't know when she got pregnant and when she filed (article says, "early in her pregnancy," but she likely would have been done before the birth and thus covered by health insurance. Also not sure how she was able to undergo the medical pregnant (they will not allow pregnant women to do the chest x-ray, but I'm pretty sure the medical is a 'no go' without said x-ray). Other thing I don't understand was why she said she "can't work in Scotland." Well, I can imagine she wouldn't work in Scotland as a firefighter while pregnant, lol, but she can legally work there is the point so she could have taken another job but more importantly, been covered by health insurance when she delivered. I understand that flights to the UK are expensive and they didn't think they could afford it, but they're a lot less expensive than a $10,000 delivery in Canada.
Interesting point about the medical exam.

I had some questions of that couple's thinking myself, but then again while going through this inexplicable process who can blame anyone for making things unnecessarily hard on themselves. In the end, I don't think they chose the $10,000 route in this case - rather they turned that down by hiring a midwife and delivering in the bathtub....

As it stands, I've got a friend in Japan who's thinking of bringing his Japanese wife to the country. My wife and I have been cautioning them on planning things very carefully rather than take the stressful trial-and-error route most of us have experienced.

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uccemebug said:
Definitely file a request for information on your file. That's a long time to be waiting!

Here's how.

Thank you, I will order and see what it says. When I filed the case the timeline was 16 months. Is 26 months the new timeline for everyone or cases filed after certain date?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, I know they delivered in the hotel room but I think the reason why they checked in to a hotel room right across from a hospital was because they were prepared to be seen by the hospital and pay up in case anything went wrong (as giving birth can be, even today, a very dangerous event for both mother and child). Wouldn't it be better to definetely get proper medical care by NHS and not have all that stress? On the other hand, if she went back to Scotland to deliver (and in the process left Canada), she would run the risk of not being admitted back into Canada and thereby forfeiting her inland application. If that happened, she'd have to apply outland anyway, so anyway you cut it, these people really should have applied outland.
uccemebug said:
Interesting point about the medical exam.

I had some questions of that couple's thinking myself, but then again while going through this inexplicable process who can blame anyone for making things unnecessarily hard on themselves. In the end, I don't think they chose the $10,000 route in this case - rather they turned that down by hiring a midwife and delivering in the bathtub....

As it stands, I've got a friend in Japan who's thinking of bringing his Japanese wife to the country. My wife and I have been cautioning them on planning things very carefully rather than take the stressful trial-and-error route most of us have experienced.

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uccemebug said:

Here's how.

Thank you, I will.

Another question: Found out last week that my wife is pregnant.. :) ;D. She is due in Oct.
Complication piece: Her medical is expiring on Mar 7. But there has been no movement on the case. When should we inform CIC about her pregnancy?

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
ddobro2 said:
Oh, I know they delivered in the hotel room but I think the reason why they checked in to a hotel room right across from a hospital was because they were prepared to be seen by the hospital and pay up in case anything went wrong (as giving birth can be, even today, a very dangerous event for both mother and child). Wouldn't it be better to definetely get proper medical care by NHS and not have all that stress? On the other hand, if she went back to Scotland to deliver (and in the process left Canada), she would run the risk of not being admitted back into Canada and thereby forfeiting her inland application. If that happened, she'd have to apply outland anyway, so anyway you cut it, these people really should have applied outland.
Exactly. And yet who was there to tell them that. A couple of forums they'd have had to go find themselves, certainly not her visa office in the UK or the "help" line here in Canada or any official website.

peoples_champ said:
Thank you, I will.

Another question: Found out last week that my wife is pregnant.. :) ;D. She is due in Oct.
Complication piece: Her medical is expiring on Mar 7. But there has been no movement on the case. When should we inform CIC about her pregnancy?
Congratulations!

The same thing happened to us (I suppose it's to be expected with spousal visas). In our case, we told the visa office by email, and when I later filed the application to request information, I noticed that they'd made note of the pregnancy. It did not impact our application at all, it seems.

From what I have read, it is vital that you advise the visa office of the actual birth, as this will be crucial to the application (e.g. I understand that the terms in the visa must exactly match the family that shows up to 'land').

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to email CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca with the subject line, "Change in Personal Circumstances," as technically, CIC states that one should contact Mississauga whenever these is a change in personal circumstance or family composition, including withdrawing your sponsorship application, a birth or adoption of a child, and a marriage or a divorce. Additionally, you should send a note from the doctor to the VO saying she's pregnant. Although pregnancy and having a baby is not proof of a genuine relationship, it is given some weight. They will likely delay the medical until the baby has been born due to the x-ray, if she doesn't land before. And yes, you definetely need to inform CIC once the baby is actually born before she lands. Although I'm sure you will not need to add the baby to the application because it will automatically be a citizen if it is born in Canada (or to a citizen parent).

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
You need to email CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca with the subject line, "Change in Personal Circumstances," as technically, CIC states that one should contact Mississauga whenever these is a change in personal circumstance or family composition, including withdrawing your sponsorship application, a birth or adoption of a child, and a marriage or a divorce. Additionally, you should send a note from the doctor to the VO saying she's pregnant. Although pregnancy and having a baby is not proof of a genuine relationship, it is given some weight. They will likely delay the medical until the baby has been born due to the x-ray, if she doesn't land before. And yes, you definetely need to inform CIC once the baby is actually born before she lands. Although I'm sure you will not need to add the baby to the application because it will automatically be a citizen if it is born in Canada (or to a citizen parent).
Thank you so much. I will send an email at the above address. Also, I have asked my wife to get a letter from the doctor. As soon as she gets that letter, we will send it to the Islamabad office. I hope it doesn't slow the process:( I am already missing my 14 months old daughter like crazy

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Best of luck. :)
peoples_champ said:
Thank you so much. I will send an email at the above address. Also, I have asked my wife to get a letter from the doctor. As soon as she gets that letter, we will send it to the Islamabad office. I hope it doesn't slow the process:( I am already missing my 14 months old daughter like crazy

enna00

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Id like to know who out of the april 2011 group is still in the processing phase- becuase i am..... waiting......

state your vo office

vo: paris

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
enna00 said:
Id like to know who out of the april 2011 group is still in the processing phase- becuase i am..... waiting......

state your vo office

vo: paris
Hello, Enna00. I've added you to the spreadsheet that you can see in my signature. I haven't had too many updates from the group recently but you're not alone. If you'd like to have your dates filled out in the spreadsheet, please provide them.

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hello everyone,

My wife received a letter this morning from CHC-Islamabad stating to submit her medical exam with-in 30 days, submit passport with recent pictures, and advised that sponsor (which is me) to deposit RPRF.

As mentioned in my previous posts, she is 2 months pregnant and she has asked her doctor for a pregnancy letter. She called the medical office to schedule her appointment for medical exam and the doctor told her to get a letter from the gynecologist, which will be submitted with the medical record.

Does anyone know how long it will take from here?

GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE ;D