+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chami said:
So u must be prolonging yr visitor visa then, did it take long? unfortunatly VO is very picky with issuing visitor visas. parents are hardly getting it to visit their kids for a while. if i submit one they will reject for sure as they assume i would be doing survival job without work permit. Lts of freinds getting rejection form Moscow these days.
I was thnking to find job first? any advice?

thk u so much.
Hi Chami,

Visitor visa to just visit Canada should not be a problem, if, you show enough ties as job, family and home in your home country and probably also a return ticket (which of course can be cancelled). Please ignore if you already know this info. (I am sure you do).
VO's get picky with parents visiting children because they automatically assume that they are going to stay back with their children, which is not true sometimes, but mostly.
Even student visa's are getting difficult to get as Immigration is implementing stricter rules. And some students just misuse this opportunity by not continuing their study and start working.

But once you come to Canada on Visitor visa, you can extend your stay in Canada before the expiry of the previous Visitor permit date. The processing time for such "Extension of stay" is currently approx 5 months for paper application (Online applications takes less time for processing) and you can legally continue to stay in Canada during the period your application for extension is processed. The period during which your application for Extn is processed is called "Implied stay" which is legal stay in Canada. When you apply for such extensions you will have to show enough money to sustain yourself and your family in Canada with valid reasons to continue your stay. Some people just say that they want to visit and enjoy the natural beauty of Canada or are enrolled in some courses to upgrade skills. Student visa is not required for courses less than 6 months.

In case you find work then you can of course change status and get a Work permit as glowing heart.

Mitali

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Hi Chami,
Visitor visa to just visit Canada should not be a problem, if, you show enough ties as job, family and home in your home country and probably also a return ticket (which of course can be cancelled). Please ignore if you already know this info. (I am sure you do).
VO's get picky with parents visiting children because they automatically assume that they are going to stay back with their children, which is not true sometimes, but mostly.
Even student visa's are getting difficult to get as Immigration is implementing stricter rules. And some students just misuse this opportunity by not continuing their study and start working.
But once you come to Canada on Visitor visa, you can extend your stay in Canada before the expiry of the previous Visitor permit date. The processing time for such "Extension of stay" is currently approx 5 months for paper application (Online applications takes less time for processing) and you can legally continue to stay in Canada during the period your application for extension is processed. The period during which your application for Extn is processed is called "Implied stay" which is legal stay in Canada. When you apply for such extensions you will have to show enough money to sustain yourself and your family in Canada with valid reasons to continue your stay. Some people just say that they want to visit and enjoy the natural beauty of Canada or are enrolled in some courses to upgrade skills. Student visa is not required for courses less than 6 months.
In case you find work then you can of course change status and get a Work permit as glowing heart.
Mitali
Hi Mitali,
Thank you so much for you informative reply. Let me see what i can do now, weigh all + and -. I appreciate your advice

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
mitali

good info, I knew them all but you have shared them for others.

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
hi mitali
i have sent a letter to chc newdelhi about docs required to add my new born baby girl to my application
they replied me back by sending me list of required docs and along with other forms they have asked for proof of funds...they have written that my child needs to go through medical exam and they will send me appropriate form after i sent them the full docs of my child....does that mean that they will send us the medicals for me my wife and my daughter afte updation of my child or is thats just a standard reply.....and now my ecas status is coming as 'in process' with 'RBVO' details inside......my file appl date is april 2010...and i have send full docs to newdelhi chc in july 2010........

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
sukhi_boy said:
hi mitali
i have sent a letter to chc newdelhi about docs required to add my new born baby girl to my application
they replied me back by sending me list of required docs and along with other forms they have asked for proof of funds...they have written that my child needs to go through medical exam and they will send me appropriate form after i sent them the full docs of my child....does that mean that they will send us the medicals for me my wife and my daughter afte updation of my child or is thats just a standard reply.....and now my ecas status is coming as 'in process' with 'RBVO' details inside......my file appl date is april 2010...and i have send full docs to newdelhi chc in july 2010........
Guess that means your med request are close

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
hi glowing heart
even my address is disappeared from ecas status.......and this happens to many applicants when they get some reply from chc......

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhi_boy said:
hi glowing heart
even my address is disappeared from ecas status.......and this happens to many applicants when they get some reply from chc......
It wasn't standart reply, that was a reply about yr case, for sure. Keep yourselves healthy and don't get cold, flue... to have smooth med test. Good luck

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
well right now i m eagerly waiting for my baby's passport and i think it will probabaly take 2-3 weeks to get it......and i think i should send all her docs togetherwith her passport after getting her passport what do u people say..............

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhi_boy said:
well right now i m eagerly waiting for my baby's passport and i think it will probabaly take 2-3 weeks to get it......and i think i should send all her docs togetherwith her passport after getting her passport what do u people say..............
Yes, both Chami and glowing heart are correct .....hopefully you will have your Meds soon.

Mitali

sairam99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2ND WEEK OF APRIL 2010
Doc's Request.
2ND WEEK OF JULY 2010
AOR Received.
LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER 2010
Med's Request
1ST WEEK OF MARCH 2013
Med's Done....
3RD WEEK OF MARCH 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LAST WEEK OF APRIL 2013
LANDED..........
JULY 2013
Hi All, Just to update: My address got disappear again today from my ecas.

betsy

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 15, 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 30, 2010
Nomination.....
none F/Docs Sent: Sep 21, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 28, 2010
IELTS Request
done-Jun 5,2010-sent w/ F.docs
File Transfer...
July 6'10
Med's Request
Sept.13, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.11,2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
April 4&gt;sent April13
VISA ISSUED...
May 4,2012
LANDED..........
target date:July 2012
annie_t said:
My MR arrived this morning! ;D just be patient guys, it will come soon.

April 2010 applicant here with documents received by manila embassy in October.
[Hi annie. what's your NOC? Yours seems to be fast.]

Man In Black

Dec 21, 2010
Pak
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2010
Doc's Request.
11-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
waiting
betsy said:
annie_t said:
My MR arrived this morning! ;D just be patient guys, it will come soon.

April 2010 applicant here with documents received by manila embassy in October.
[Hi annie. what's your NOC? Yours seems to be fast.]
Congrats,lucky one u belong to VO which is very fast in processing applications

CDB

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
Chami,
I hope you are right cos my address also disappeared last week and its now painful to wait. Waiting for some spark atleast :)
Chami said:
hope it is a sign of yr arriving MR

annie_t

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24--04-2010
Doc's Request.
08--7-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2010
Med's Request
26-07-2011
Med's Done....
08-09-2011
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
NOC is 3152 for RNs. I'm in a dilemma guys coz I'm currently residing in KSA but my contract will end November this year. After submission of meds, they say it takes 2-3 weeks for passport request and u need to respond within 45 days of the letter. What if i cannot make it to the 45-day period given to me by the embassy because I am still outside the country? Can I ask extension for this? Thanks a lot! Good luck to everyone :)