<<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gavi said:
Hi Saki,

i have one question regarding POF. I have got a bank certificate stating my current balance, however due to owning a credit card the bank has mentiond " the customer has got liabilities towards the bank"

will this cause any issue.

cheers
gavi

Hi Gavi,

If you minus the liablities from your total cash does is still make up the required amount you need or you are short? If its short then i would say transfer your funds to anoher bank where you dont have any debt and then get the current balance statement from tat bank. As you are showing only current balance i assume that you did not have the required funds in the past 1 - 3 months. I am not sure how CIC will count your debt against your available cash but to be on safe side just trf it to another bank and get a new statement.

Cheers
Saki

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
This is great forum, "m loving it"

but thought of clarifying few things up here, maybe u guys will like it
1) CC/DD are NOT en-cashed by CIO, until they find the application to be successful... so if they deduct ur payment, it is a GREAT sign of relief
2) April 10 rule IS NOT TO SUBMIT IELTS TO CIO.....
The rule is as follow:
If the applicant don't submit language testing proof (ex, IELTS, or TEF), the visa officer at the local consulate wont ask him again to submit the testing result like in past, rather the officer will give points on the basis of whatever the applicant has submitted at the time of sending the application to the local visa office.
so nobody has to panic by the name of April 10....

For further instructions on April 10 rule, please the minister instructions

cheers

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saki said:
Hi Gavi,

If you minus the liablities from your total cash does is still make up the required amount you need or you are short? If its short then i would say transfer your funds to anoher bank where you dont have any debt and then get the current balance statement from tat bank. As you are showing only current balance i assume that you did not have the required funds in the past 1 - 3 months. I am not sure how CIC will count your debt against your available cash but to be on safe side just trf it to another bank and get a new statement.

Cheers
Saki
Hi Saki and Gavi,

If Gavi transfers his balance amount (without liabilities) to a new bank account, CIC might be suspicious regarding opening a new account with all the money. They generally ask for 3 or 6 months statement from the bank.

Mostly customers have credit cards from the same bank. Is it possible to pay off all the liabilities and then get a statement from the bank that would mention that "Currently the customer does not have any liabilities".

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drunkhead said:
This is great forum, "m loving it"

but thought of clarifying few things up here, maybe u guys will like it
1) CC/DD are NOT en-cashed by CIO, until they find the application to be successful... so if they deduct ur payment, it is a GREAT sign of relief
2) April 10 rule IS NOT TO SUBMIT IELTS TO CIO.....
The rule is as follow:
If the applicant don't submit language testing proof (ex, IELTS, or TEF), the visa officer at the local consulate wont ask him again to submit the testing result like in past, rather the officer will give points on the basis of whatever the applicant has submitted at the time of sending the application to the local visa office.
so nobody has to panic by the name of April 10....

For further instructions on April 10 rule, please the minister instructions

cheers
Hi drunkhead,

The 'panic trigger button' for 10th April rule is for applicants who still want to submit a written submission for their "English proficiency". The reason maybe due to the fact that they simply are not comfortable writing the test or want to save the fees associated with it. And yes, it has been established that IELTS results were not supposed to be sent to CIO.

As far as the CC/DD encashment is concerned, there is still some room for doubt, because Saki did find some applications returned after their CC/DD was encashed. But I hope what you have mentioned regarding the process is true as that would take some "Stress steam" out.

By the way, love your name....

Mitali

chinay

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
manila
Category........
Visa Office......
manila, philippines
NOC Code......
3152, 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-21-2010
AOR Received.
10-26-2010
IELTS Request
done
Med's Request
October 2011
Med's Done....
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 28, 2011
Passport Req..
April 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Hopefuly
hi mitali..it so sad that they returened your application after the long wait. i hope that won't happen to me and the rest of us. AORs now are very slow coming in. hope they start sending them this week. everybody losing their mind of waiting..gossshh. :eek:

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinay said:
hi mitali..it so sad that they returened your application after the long wait. i hope that won't happen to me and the rest of us. AORs now are very slow coming in. hope they start sending them this week. everybody losing their mind of waiting..gossshh. :eek:
Hi Chinay,

You gave me the shock of my life....My application has not been returned.

Praying for everyone.

Mitali

sukh420

Apr 14, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (AUS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-2010
AOR Received.
07-2010
IELTS Request
07-2010
File Transfer...
07-2010
Med's Request
01-2012
Med's Done....
01-2012
Interview........
[color=green]Waived[/color]
Passport Req..
03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-2012
LANDED..........
05-2012[img]http://factoryjoe.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/emoticon-0123-party.gif[/img]
Keep Moving April Applicants ! :p We wanna get inside the ship as well :p

From
MAY APPLICANTS

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Hi Saki and Gavi,

If Gavi transfers his balance amount (without liabilities) to a new bank account, CIC might be suspicious regarding opening a new account with all the money. They generally ask for 3 or 6 months statement from the bank.

Mostly customers have credit cards from the same bank. Is it possible to pay off all the liabilities and then get a statement from the bank that would mention that "Currently the customer does not have any liabilities".

Mitali
Hi Mitali,

He is just showing the current balance statement not 3 or 6 months statement thats why i advised him to transfer funds to another bank, if he had this money in his account for more than 1 month then i would'nt recommend this but now he is only showing current balance so does not matter showing that from old account or a new account from different bank. It is recommended to show atleast 3 months statement but some applicants who does not have money they just borrow it from other and put it in their account and get the current balance statement which does not show the transactions and the length from how long the funds are in the account.

Secondly I am not sure if paying his debt will leave him with the sufficient funds to show to the visa office.'

Cheers
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Hi Chinay,

You gave me the shock of my life....My application has not been returned.

Praying for everyone.

Mitali
Haha that gave me a shock as welll ;D...Good Luck i hope no one else get their applications back.

Cheers
Saki

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Saki,

Did you check my response to Gavi's POF question.... does it make sense? Gavi's question is significant because of the liability portion attached to it. I was thinking if he or any other applicant in the same situation loan money from friends/family to pay off the liability and have an account without any liability atleast for the last statement that he is going to present as POF.

Secondly, tell me how to change the serial numbers on th tracking list..... do I have to do it manually. It is a pain when I have to add an applicant early on the list.grrrrrrr.

Mitali

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Hi Saki,

Did you check my response to Gavi's POF question.... does it make sense? Gavi's question is significant because of the liability portion attached to it. I was thinking if he or any other applicant in the same situation loan money from friends/family to pay off the liability and have an account without any liability atleast for the last statement that he is going to present as POF.

Secondly, tell me how to change the serial numbers on th tracking list..... do I have to do it manually. It is a pain when I have to add an applicant early on the list.grrrrrrr.

Mitali

Hi Mitali,

Unfortunately you have to do it manually, you can do it in excel but when you copy paste it from Excel to the message screen it went all over the screen without any consistent gaps. I tried to put the rows and columns in before but there are soo many applicants it didnt work.

Cheers
Saki

smilepmendoza

Jun 27, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-March-2010
Doc's Request.
June 11, 2010
AOR Received.
September 23, 2010
File Transfer...
September 16, 2010
Med's Request
August 26, 2011
Med's Done....
October 10, 2011
Passport Req..
April 4, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time, hopefully SOON!
LANDED..........
In God's time
TO MITZ08

Hi. Congratulations on filing your documents to the Visa Office. Boy! That was quick! I envy you! Good that your prepared or gathered your documents while waiting for the AOR. I am still a long way to go in gathering mine.

Anyway, just curious, have you received any second AOR? Its been more than a week from your transmittal of documents. I (we) would love to hear some feedbacks from you.

Thanks thanks. Good luck! ;D

sushii

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2010
Doc's Request.
20/07/2010
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
talked to them yesterday. they are still with april 15 applications. i think there are lots of applicants for april. she asked me to give them call back after 2 weeks for any new updates. anyway hope for the best.

cheers

gavi

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Saki & Mitali,

Even if i pay off the liability i will have the sufficient funds of 3 persons in my account.

i had mentioned in the initial form sent to CIO funds of say 30K CAD and now if i pay off the debt it would round up to say 20K CAD. So as POF to the visa office i would fall short of 10K..

My issue is that in order to be a little cautious and not to screw up things since my noc is not even in the new requirement for canada and since i had earlier mentioned 30K, i would like to keep up to showing that 30 in my a/c

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gavi said:
hi Saki & Mitali,

Even if i pay off the liability i will have the sufficient funds of 3 persons in my account.

i had mentioned in the initial form sent to CIO funds of say 30K CAD and now if i pay off the debt it would round up to say 20K CAD. So as POF to the visa office i would fall short of 10K..

My issue is that in order to be a little cautious and not to screw up things since my noc is not even in the new requirement for canada and since i had earlier mentioned 30K, i would like to keep up to showing that 30 in my a/c
Hi Gavi,

For a family of three, you need 16,967 Canadian dollars to show. You will have more than that when you present POF to CIO.....you will be fine.

Now your dilemma is- You had shown 30K when you had initially sent your application to CIO and you want to maintain that number.

Answer: Is there a way to borrow money and make it upto 30K? Now there may be a question when you do this- From where did you get so much money. If you can prove that you got as Gift from your parents or elsewhere then you are fine or else you may be questioned. You do not want to take that risk NOW.

If there is no way to make up that 30K, you will not be penalised or your application will not be rejected. What is more important that the money should be free from any bindings and free for you to use. I believe it is important to take that liability word out from the bank statement. Because you do not know how VO will judge your application if he finds the liability on the amount that you have projected. Its better to give VO a clear statement than a complicated situation. He will definitely not spend his time calculating the liabilities but he may give you a chance to explain which will further delay your application.

Try to maintain the amount that you project till the time you get your VISA stamped.

I will be extra careful with juggling and selection of words when I would write a cover letter to VO for any kind of explanation since your NOC is off the list.

Hope this helps....all the best.

Mitali