+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
adeleduan said:
My timeline (Chinese national on F1 status, currently in US)

7-29 online application submitted
7-30 status changed to "open"
7-30 decision made; passport request
7-31 passport sent (1-day express mail)
8-8 status changed to “This application has been approved”
8-12 called the NY VAC for tracking id; status says "In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC"

Now anxiously waiting for the return envelop tracking number to update... Fingers crossed!
Can you please detail what documents you submitted? I have a family in same situation in USA that wants to visit Canada. Did you have an inviter?

Thanks,

Humerachalya

Sep 18, 2014
Hello All
Just want to share my TRV Time line from New York
I'm 32 old female from Pakistan currently working as Purchasing manager in Dubai
I'm divorced, with 3 boys age 15,12 and 9 currently living with their father in Toronto, Canada as permanent resident.I applied for TRV in April 2014 from Abu Dhabhi VAC and my visa was rejected with reason given that I have strong family ties in Canada so I wouldn't leave Canada at the end of my visa.Currently I'm in New York, USA on my vacations, and I'm waiting for my Diamond grading course in GIA, its going to start from 27 Oct to 31 Oct 2014.As I am New York waiting for my course to start, in the meant time I like to visit my children and my cousin who is a Canadian citizen.

Below are the papers I submitted

Application Forms
Annual salary Aed 240000/- + benefits . approx CAN$ 72000/- + benefits
I own 3 apartments in Dubai annual rent income approx CAN$24000/- so I've sumitted Title deeds and Rent agreements
6 month Bank Statement CAN$ 88200/- in my personal checking account. with salary Transfers
I gave Invitation letter from my cousin notorized. with passport copy, Bank statement
I submitted invitation letter/ no objection letter from my ex-husband.
I submited letter from my current employer.
Previous visas copies of UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Hongkong
Birth certificates and PR copies of my children
Return ticket from New York to Dubai
GIA course confermation letter

Application submitted on 25th September 2014
Message from CIC Application recieved same day 25th September 2014
Message from CIC submit Biometrics same day 25th September 2014
Submitted Biometrics 26th September 2014
Message from CIC Biometrics recieved 26 September 2014

saturnfan

May 3, 2014
Applied on Sept 21.
Application received Sept 21.
Received email about decision has been made and passport request - Sept 22
Got an email about update in CIC (but there is no update)
Passport submitted in VFS office on Sept 26.
Sept 29 - File closed & application approved passport is dispatched to vfs office.

tehtaimuriirl

Sep 24, 2014
Hi Anyone can please guide me I am Pakistani student in ireland currently on.study permit would like to visit Canada on visit to my sister what doc. And things required let me.know plus i am.working here on cash jobs please tell about statements and stuff thanks

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
SEPTEMBER 11, 2014 - ONLINE Application sent & confirmation of submission
SEPTEMBER 12, 2014 - email of update on myCIC - no update (or the status was changed to "open" can't remember)
No updates or anything - processing time was estimated 19 days (out of Canada- Costa Rica/Guatemala)
OCTOBER 1ST, 2014- Sent a case specific enquiry email to our Visa office that was processing the application - as the days have exceeded the approx time. sent the file of our flight ticket that is for October 10th, 2014.
OCTOBER 2, 2014- Email to check myCIC - passport request
Tomorrow morning (OCTOBER 3rd) sending passport with VAC office to be sent to get stamped. :D

I'm so happy to finally have an update. My husband was rejected 3 times over the last 3 years, was starting to worry that it would be the same result this time. Hoping to get passport back before next friday the 10th of October so my husband doesn't miss his flight. :(

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
brittanyquesada said:
SEPTEMBER 12, 2014 - email of update on myCIC - no update (or the status was changed to "open" can't remember)
No updates or anything - processing time was estimated 19 days (out of Canada- Costa Rica/Guatemala)
OCTOBER 1ST, 2014- Sent a case specific enquiry email to our Visa office that was processing the application - as the days have exceeded the approx time. sent the file of our flight ticket that is for October 10th, 2014.
OCTOBER 3rd- brought passport to VAC office San Jose, Costa Rica
OCTOBER 6th- passport in transit to Visa office in Guatemala
OCTOBER 9TH Morning- passport received
OCTOBER 9TH late afternoon- Update on account- CLOSED & APPROVED
OCTOBER 9th an hour later- Passport dispatched to San Jose, Costa Rica VAC

VAC told us it would take exactly a week it was sent monday and it should be ready to pick up on Monday the 13

dikkiparmar

Oct 13, 2014
I have applied for my wife's (India) Temporary Resident Visa for Transit (less than 48 hrs) online.

Her travel date is 12th Nov '14.

Has anyone ever applied TRV for Transit from USA ? How much time does it usually take ?

Details:

9th Oct 2014: Online Application Submitted
10th Oct 2014: Received an update in application. Ideally there was no update. The status changed to Open.

12th Nov 2014: Travel date for Transit in Canada.

How much time does it usually take to get a request for sending Passport ? and after sending passport how much time will it take to get it back ?
I'm thinking of sending the passport with Return Prepaid envelope with Priority Overnight shipping considering the crunch of time.

How can I request Canada Consulate General to expedite the process due to time constraint. I have the flight tickets booked to show them as proof.

Please let me know your views on this.

Thanks.

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
brittanyquesada said:
brittanyquesada said:
OCTOBER 3rd- brought passport to VAC office San Jose, Costa Rica
OCTOBER 6th- passport in transit to Visa office in Guatemala
OCTOBER 9TH Morning- passport received at Visa office
OCTOBER 9TH late afternoon- Update on account- CLOSED & APPROVED
OCTOBER 9th an hour later- Passport dispatched to San Jose, Costa Rica VAC
October 13th- call from VAC informing us that the passport was ready to be picked up!

mit8383

May 18, 2012
Hi,

I have applied for my Mom's supervisa (Paper Application) on 15th Sept at VSF Ahmedabad with upfornt medical.
Current status is under process however on CIC website processing time is only 12 days.

Kindly advise..

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
mit8383 said:
Hi,

I have applied for my Mom's supervisa on 15th Sept at VSF Ahmedabad with upfornt medical.
Current status is under process however on CIC website processing time is only 12 days.

Kindly advise..
"Under Process" is what your online portal shows?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
mit8383 said:
yes. I have submitted paper application & current status under processing at New Delhi Visa office
I think that is progress meaning someone is looking at the file. There are quiet few people complaining of timelines for Delhi office. If it shows "Open" on your portal probably that means it's waiting in queue. "Under Process" probably means assigned to a VO who is looking into it.

dikkiparmar

Oct 13, 2014
dikkiparmar said:
I have applied for my wife's (India) Temporary Resident Visa for Transit (less than 48 hrs) online in CIC from USA.

Her travel date is 12th Nov '14.

Has anyone ever applied TRV for Transit from USA ? How much time does it usually take ?

Details:

9th Oct 2014: Online Application Submitted
10th Oct 2014: Received an update in application. Ideally there was no update. The status changed to Open. :(
15th Oct 2014: Received message "Original Passport Request" from CIC :)
17th Oct 2014: Passport Received by VAC New York Center.

12th Nov 2014: Travel date for Transit in Canada.

How can I request Canada Consulate General to expedite the process due to time constraint. I have the flight tickets booked to show them as proof.

Please let me know your views on this.

Thanks.

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp go to that link- pick whatever office applies to you. either new york or la i'm assuming.

click on the office and it shows contact info for that
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/los-angeles.asp LOS ANGELES
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-york.asp NEW YORK

In the left column it says "Enquiries" general and case specific. choose/click case specific
it will make you fill out some fields like name/application number etc..

they most likely will not answer it - especially if the processing time hasn't exceeded the days posted.. not sure what it is for just a transit sort of visa. but it doesn't hurt to ask. :D

my husbands country said 19 days and at 20 days I emailed a specific case enquiry explaining that he had a flight which was just a little over a week away (which we attached)- i think the first of October 1st i sent it and the next day his account was updated and asking for his passport. (we still ended up changing the flight because just to get it stamped/sent and returned took 7 days.

so I think they do read them, they just might not reply. a lot of people will discourage you on here :( but it wouldn't hurt to put it out there saying that you are in a sort of hurry to get it back due to travel in the near future. so at least they know right? how else would they know.

dikkiparmar

Oct 13, 2014
Thanks for the help Brittany !! I will send a request to expedite the process. However I think 12th Nov 2014 is much safer date for travel. But why to take chance.

Thanks once again ;D