+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

rupesh38

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,

I have submitted an online TRV application from Hong Kong and received a Passport submission request.

I have mailed the passport with with letter and labels they have asked for.

Can anyone please tell me how long should I wait before I get the passport stamped and mailed?

Also, did anyone (recently) from Hong Kong apply for TRV? If so, how many days did it take to get the passport stamped since the date of passport submission.

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
My final timeline

23 June: submitted application online (resident in North Europe);
11 July: received original passport request email;
24 July: sent my original passport (because I needed my passport in mid July to go abroad);
26 July: passport delivered to Canadian High Commission in London;
1 August: passport sent back to my friend in London with the prepaid envelope I provided with passport;
4 August: passport received from my friend.

Now I am waiting for the passport for my wife. Her passport was delivered to CHC in London for visa stamping today.

tototmi

Aug 10, 2013
I applied online (within the US) on 7/22 and plan to travel to Canada on 8/31. I have not heard back from CIC other than the initial confirmation. I wonder if I should cancel my trip...

Anyone who applied after 7/10 heard back yet?

njb4u

Aug 14, 2013
Hello,

Thanks to all, I am getting a lot of information.

I need to reach to Ottawa for stamping before Sept 20. I have applied for Single Entry Tourist Visa Online on August 12th.

Anyone who has recently applied/received application online? How much is the backlog they have? Any idea?

Do they respond to mail/call and consider the urgency/priority?

Thank you guys in advance

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
tototmi said:
I applied online (within the US) on 7/22 and plan to travel to Canada on 8/31. I have not heard back from CIC other than the initial confirmation. I wonder if I should cancel my trip...

Anyone who applied after 7/10 heard back yet?
I applied on 19th July (from US) but no news till date. Will post if I do get any notification from them!

zainy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
24-06-2015
File Transfer...
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2015
I applied on July 15th and received my passport request today, August 14th. My brother applied on August 5th, and received his passport request today, August 14th (His is probably the fastest I have seen). We both applied for a multiple TRV. Good luck to everyone. I know how discouraging this process is, so hang in there!

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
zainy said:
I applied on July 15th and received my passport request today, August 14th. My brother applied on August 5th, and received his passport request today, August 14th (His is probably the fastest I have seen). We both applied for a multiple TRV. Good luck to everyone. I know how discouraging this process is, so hang in there!
Hey Zainy congrats! Just got the msg to submit my pp :D finally!!!

One quick Q Zainy if you could pls let me know.....I applied for my wife's and my joint multiple entry TRV.

Did you use VAC services for pp delivery or did you just send your pp to NYC office with a prepaid USPS envelope?

Thanks in advance!

zainy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
24-06-2015
File Transfer...
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2015
Yay! Congrats!

Here is what one helpful person told me in one of my posts regarding where and how to send your passport:

Hi Zainy,

You can send it to either of the offices. Historically, LA is faster in processing.

Coming to the carrier options, it depends on how urgent you want your passport delivered. When you send to the consulate it doesn't really matter, but your return envelope should be flat rate. I've used 19.95$ express mail..

Thank you

Hope this helps!

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Thanks Zainy!!!

I think I will send the pp's with the prepaid envelope directly to the visa office and not bother with the VAC's service then!!!

Thanks once again!!!

tototmi

Aug 10, 2013
congrats emr!

Did you get an email from CIC for the passport request? I keep checking my email and spam folder but nothing yet. (applied 7/22 from Boston).

emr said:
Thanks Zainy!!!

I think I will send the pp's with the prepaid envelope directly to the visa office and not bother with the VAC's service then!!!

Thanks once again!!!

tototmi

Aug 10, 2013
Hi emr,
Can you update us when your return envelop tracking from LA consulate gets activated? Thanks!

emr said:
I applied on 19th July (from US) but no news till date. Will post if I do get any notification from them!

Aug 14, 2013
I have submitted an online multiple entry visitor visa application from New jersey - USA on 29, July 2013 and received a Passport submission request on 9, August 2013. Mailed the passport next day (Saturday) via express mail including a prepaid express same day return envelope. Passport has been delivered to new york office on 12 Aug, Monday. Hope to received it back before 23, August as I have a scheduled stamping appointment on 26, Aug.

Hope his help others. I'll update the forum after receiving the passport.

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
@tototmi: Yes, we recd an email for passport submission! Will post once return envelope tracking gets activated. We are sending our pp's to NYC though!

hi2kunal

Aug 7, 2012
I am also sending my passport to Ny consulate today... Just wanted to know Do we need to include Return Prepaid Label along with Passport???

Please reply

sunny081983 said:
Hello All, This forum has been very helpful to me. Please find below are my timelines.

Sent in completed application online: June 23
Received Request for Letter ( National identity document such as I797) July 10
Submitted Letter ( National identity document such as I797) July 10
Received passport notification: July 11
Sent passport to NY consulate: July 11
NY consulate received passport: July 15
Return envelope initiated: July 25
Envelope with stamped passport received: July 26

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Would def say yes as you will be able to track the return envelope for your own peace of mind!