+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved online TRV: multiple entry visa

Ali.Ayyach

Jun 8, 2015
Hello dears,

I applied online from kuwait (originally lebanese) on may 15th, processing time 40 days, and i was issued a mutliple entry visa from 18/06/2015 till 31/05/2019 (four years).

Im actually visiting my wife and im traveling on august 10, i have couple of question and i would appreciate ur help.

How can i benefit from the multiple entry? Like is it possible to stay 6 months in canada, travel to somewhere else and then go back to canada for another 6 months and do that till the expiry date of my visa (may 2019)? Or its only 6 months visit and i can travel only during these 6 months?

Thank you so much,

Best regards,
Ali

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Ali.Ayyach said:
How can i benefit from the multiple entry? Like is it possible to stay 6 months in canada, travel to somewhere else and then go back to canada for another 6 months and do that till the expiry date of my visa (may 2019)? Or its only 6 months visit and i can travel only during these 6 months?
You can do as you please...

Of course on each entry you will be assessed by a CBSA officer and if the "visits" are too frequent and for too long the chances of being refused entry are very high. A visitor is supposed to stay more time outside of Canada than inside, any other behaviour is considered an abuse of the TRV.

Ali.Ayyach

Jun 8, 2015
Jalex23 said:
You can do as you please...

Of course on each entry you will be assessed by a CBSA officer and if the "visits" are too frequent and for too long the chances of being refused entry are very high. A visitor is supposed to stay more time outside of Canada than inside, any other behaviour is considered an abuse of the TRV.
Thank you bro, n im sorry i cant find the "good" button :D

Apr 26, 2015
Congratulation for getting the visit visa
I heard that applying a visit visa for your spouse is impossible
Can you please explain how did you get the 4 years visa? ( documents submitted , in person or online?)
Thanks

dominik-bcpnp

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2015
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2015/received by CPC on the 10th
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 26th of May 2015, DM on 24th of June 2015
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
sponserincanada said:
Can you please explain how did you get the 4 years visa? ( documents submitted , in person or online?)
Thanks
TRVs for spouses are the most normal thing in the world. Most people that get refused, just have the obvious intention of staying in Canada. If you work in Canada and you can make it clear, that your spouse just wants to visit you, CIC has no issues to grant her/him a TRV.

When I first came to Canada as a temporary worker, my work permit was only good for 10 month. I am from a visa exempt country and we LIVED in my home country at the time. My wife is on a non-visa exempt passport. She applied for a TRV for three month. Was approved in less than 10 days and she got a visa with the exact dates for these three month stamped into her passport in Vienna. When she and my daughter (visa exempt) landed, the Officer that checked their passports asked her, why she did not accompany me for the whole 10 month. She told her, that she didn't know that this was an option as I was on an IEC permit and that we had our love in Germany, that we intended to return to. And by then we really wanted to go back home after my job in canada. The officer told her, that families shouldn't be separated for such a long time just for formality reasons. Then she changed my wife's visa and gave her a full 6 month. Which by then almost equaled with the validity of my work permit.

It all depends on, how you carry yourself and present your case to CIC. Be it with the initial online application, or at the POE.

Ali.Ayyach

Jun 8, 2015
sponserincanada said:
Thanks
Thank you!
nothing is impossible i believe, its so normal if your wife/husband lives in Canada and wants you to visit her\him,

in my case, i applied for a PR on March 2015, but due to processing time (13 months) I decided to apply for a TRV online, the documents submitted are the requested ones, nothing extra.

-purpose of travel (uploaded only the Itinerary)
-Proof of means of financial support (both my wife and my pay stubs for the last 5 months, letter of employment, bank statements for the last 5 months with 25000 CAD , paid vacation proof, taking into consideration that my wife has 2 jobs in Canada)
-travel history (Passports copies of all pages, showing stamps and visas from other countries)
-proof of medical exam (medical test, the same one submitted for my PR)
-proof of relationship (marriage certificate, birth certificates)
-Invitation letter (mentioning the purpose of the visit and that she wants me to visit her since i haven't met her family and friends yet, and that i will come back to my country withing the time provided (2 months))
-Explanation letter (mentioned the purpose of visiting Canada, and that I want to meet her family and friends, and if by any chance that would negatively affect my PR application, please do not proceed with the TRV)

and that was it, if you need any further info please feel free to PM me.

Regards,
Ali