+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved my visitor visa despite having a stamped IM 1 visa

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hey guys,

So I’ve already had my Outland application approved and got my IM1 visa stamped in october 2023. Since my background took 3 months to process I had applied For a Trv in sept 2023 as we had a trip planned early next year and I wasn’t confident everything would be completed for sponsorship before then.

As soon as my immigration visa was approved, I immediately applied to withdraw my Trv application(it was at the ‘eligibility completed‘ by that stage), this was in the second week of oct.

After applying to withdraw but no reply for a few days, I resent one more request. Which was finally acknowledged AS RECEIVED ONLY.. However, they continued to process my visa Despite me requesting for a withdrawal.

last week I recieved a passport request letter for a visitor visa. :rolleyes:

and herein lies the conundrum. Should I bother to send my passport in to get a visa stamped that has no use. Because I have 30 days to submit otherwise they will refuse the application. (which I don’t want on my visa history)

Or should I just ignore this.(despite having sent 3 web forms and not getting a proper response)?

any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

thanks

p.s. and yes I know the irony of me cribbing about having two approved visas at the same time

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You should not send it in. Write a web form saying not needed as pr application completed.

It will not, to my knowledge, be recorded as a refusal, just as an application not completed. Not a refusal.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
As I explained earlier, I had applied just in case my copr was going to take longer. I wanted to take a trip to visit family there.

ive heard of people getting Trv before copr(family reunification or whatever) but I haven’t heard the same office(Abudhabi) issuing a visitor visa AFTER THE SAME OFFICE STAMPED MY COPR. It baffles me on how they didn’t check the uci and figure it out…or respond to my multiple webforms.

just weird

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It baffles me on how they didn’t check the uci and figure it out…or respond to my multiple webforms.
They made a mistake. And to the extent they read your webforms (I mean by a person, not some automated), they probably put it as extremely low priority because... you already got your visa, so why would you be worried?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,

So I’ve already had my Outland application approved and got my IM1 visa stamped in october 2023. Since my background took 3 months to process I had applied For a Trv in sept 2023 as we had a trip planned early next year and I wasn’t confident everything would be completed for sponsorship before then.

As soon as my immigration visa was approved, I immediately applied to withdraw my Trv application(it was at the ‘eligibility completed‘ by that stage), this was in the second week of oct.

After applying to withdraw but no reply for a few days, I resent one more request. Which was finally acknowledged AS RECEIVED ONLY.. However, they continued to process my visa Despite me requesting for a withdrawal.

last week I recieved a passport request letter for a visitor visa. :rolleyes:

and herein lies the conundrum. Should I bother to send my passport in to get a visa stamped that has no use. Because I have 30 days to submit otherwise they will refuse the application. (which I don’t want on my visa history)

Or should I just ignore this.(despite having sent 3 web forms and not getting a proper response)?

any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

thanks

p.s. and yes I know the irony of me cribbing about having two approved visas at the same time
The issue is that hundreds of thousands of people send in multiple webforms. Some send them daily which is why it typically takes a month for someone to read the webform.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
The issue is that hundreds of thousands of people send in multiple webforms. Some send them daily which is why it typically takes a month for someone to read the webform.
I completely concur. It’s a shame though because if they had read the webform/withdrawal request form I had sent initially in the first week of october and stopped processing the application at that very stage I would have gotten some fees refunded.

Secondly, that precious time could have been used to process someone else’s application Who is probably in a more urgent situation than myself.

seems like the AUH office is pretty bad with webforms or application checks.