+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved BOWP- TRV renewal within Canada questions

ezcec

Apr 19, 2014
I just got my approval for BOWP online and am waiting for the official document. I have to renew my Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) now and had the following questions:

1) Is it better to apply online like BOWP or by paper as we still have to send passport though both have same processing time?
2) In the application, there is a section called Details of visit to Canada: Purpose of visit, length of stay, funds available and person where i'll stay. So how should i fill this section as am already working in canada? Can i leave it blank?
3) In document checklist for within canada applicants if mailing application, its written to send employment letter if working in Canada but when i'm applying online after generating the code, it doesn't require that in supporting documents. So if i apply by paper, do i have to send employment letter?

Will appreciate the help!

adc123

Mar 24, 2014
1) depends on you. I applied online because I didn't have two photos to submit. I only need to submit digital photo when submitting online.

2) I don't think you can leave it blank as the form would not allow you to validate. I put work as purpose of visit; length of stay - the next day I filled out the form to the expiry date of my BOWP; funds available - amount of money in my account; Person who I visit - I put my employer's info

3) I don't know if you have to submit the employment letter and this is another reason why I applied online.

My TRV was approved and I got my passport back last week.

Hope these help.

ezcec

Apr 19, 2014
adc123 said:
1) depends on you. I applied online because I didn't have two photos to submit. I only need to submit digital photo when submitting online.

2) I don't think you can leave it blank as the form would not allow you to validate. I put work as purpose of visit; length of stay - the next day I filled out the form to the expiry date of my BOWP; funds available - amount of money in my account; Person who I visit - I put my employer's info

3) I don't know if you have to submit the employment letter and this is another reason why I applied online.

My TRV was approved and I got my passport back last week.

Hope these help.
Thanks adc123 for the advice. How much time did your TRV application take from applying to getting your passport?

adc123

Mar 24, 2014
I applied on Sep. 23. Passport was requested on Sep. 26, sent on October 1 and got it back on Oct 14.