+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval, Student Visa(myself) and Open work Visa(my wife)

AhmedHamdiMansi

Jul 31, 2014
Finally, the application has been approved and they asked for our passports to finalize the application.

I applied for a student Visa and an open work permit for my wife to accompany me for my exchange period of 1 year in Calgary.
I applied online with Roma Visa Office on May 23rd, 2014. we did our biometric measures on June 3rd, 2014. Then, a long waiting period till they asked for an interview by July 16th, 2014 and the visa officer told me that everything is OK and he would approve our visas. Another long waiting period till July 30th when they asked me for my CV, that is implicitly included on my application.
Last night, I received the email that delivers the good news of the approval of the application.

When they asked for our passports, they sent my wife a REFERENCE LETTER that was not sent to me.

Is it mandatory to have this letter for me, too?

001raveena

Jun 18, 2014
congrats.... i have the same case can u tell me about the documents that u guya have submitted?
thanks in advace

AhmedHamdiMansi

Jul 31, 2014
I submitted,
1- The online application, Validated
2- My marriage certificate (Arabic), translated into English
3- My Family information form, Signed
4- My Scholarship/Financial state
5- My scanned Passport
6- My digital Photo
7- My Enrollment letter/Invitation letter
8- Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications, Signed

For my Wife, we submitted,
1- The online application, Validated
2- Her Family information form, Signed
3- Her Purpose of Travel, to accompany me
4- Her scanned Passport
5- Her digital Photo
6- Our Family information form, Signed
7- The Documents that prove that we have strong ties/links in Italy that will make us come back after we finish the exchange period.