+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

appropriate answer to " has xxxxxx been in a previous marriage?

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
please I need clarifications I earlier asked a question but i didn't get a cleat answer .

when someone fills legally separated,CIC asks the next question as HAS XXXXXXXX BEEN IN A PREVIOUS MARRIAGE OR COMMON LAW RELATIONSHIP ?

what would the appropriate answer be YES or NO.
Bear in mind that a person who is legally separated is still married.please I would really appreciate an in depth input.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
please I need clarifications I earlier asked a question but i didn't get a cleat answer .

when someone fills legally separated,CIC asks the next question as HAS XXXXXXXX BEEN IN A PREVIOUS MARRIAGE OR COMMON LAW RELATIONSHIP ?

what would the appropriate answer be YES or NO.
Bear in mind that a person who is legally separated is still married.please I would really appreciate an in depth input.
you can only be in a previous marriage if you're divorced. is that what you mean by legally separated? OR still married but not living together.

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
you can only be in a previous marriage if you're divorced. is that what you mean by legally separated? OR still married but not living together.
I am filling ITA form and under marital status clicked legally separated . The next question is :Has xxx been in a previous marriage or common law relationship?.

The marriage for which xxxx is legally separated

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
t
I am filling ITA form and under marital status clicked legally separated . The next question is :Has xxx been in a previous marriage or common law relationship?.

The marriage for which xxxx is legally separated[/QUOT
the marriage for which xxxxx is legally separated from is still an ongoing marriage to my mind. So what will the answer be to the question has xxxx been in a previous marriage yes or no.
I hope you understand my question. Thank you

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
As per CIC,
Legally Separated: This means that you are married, but no longer living with your spouse.
So, you are still technically married, hence, no previous marriage in your case. You will enter the details for your spouse when you choose Legally Separated anyway, so there is no point of choosing Yes you were previously married.
when you click legally separated,it doesn't show you the option to input spouse details. I filled legally separated and didn't get questions about spouse details.

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
As per CIC,
Legally Separated: This means that you are married, but no longer living with your spouse.
So, you are still technically married, hence, no previous marriage in your case. You will enter the details for your spouse when you choose Legally Separated anyway, so there is no point of choosing Yes you were previously married.
thanks for your response

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
As per CIC,

To this point. Indeed you will be asked how many family members does an applicant have(which should included separated spouse) and to list out family members not listed in the application.

Olsi

Nov 8, 2017
@hamiltondreamer, how did it go with your application? How did you answer to the previous marriage question and did you put your separated spouse on your immediate family members?

I have exactly the same situation with you in these points.

Thank you.

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
application still in process London office. Applied as legally separated. divorce already in court.