+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appointment with CBSA

Bassamazzam

Nov 20, 2016
A relative in USA and wants to apply for Asylum at Canadian land borders . Does he need an appointment with CBSA in advance ?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
I have the same question

How do we schedule an appointment with CBSA
No need for appointment as for as I asked last year. BUT remember you must have an uncle, aunt etc (PR or citizen) in Canada to qualify through official border I think.

Reactions: mafghan

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thanks for your input

1) Were you asked any questions by the US side?

2) Is it a must to cross the bridge by walking or can you take a Taxi up to the CBSA?
When you are coming to the border, you don't have to interact with US side....it directly brings you to the booths of Canada/CBSA. All the questions will be asked at the Canada Side. Just arrive at booth and say "I WANA MAKE A REFUGEE CLAIM", when you will say it.........the process will start automatically as per procedure. If you will tell Taxi that you gana apply for refugee, they might refuse you to bring at border. you can ask them to drop a little close to the booths so you can walk or simply tell taxi driver that you want to go to Canada (any closest city or stop). by the time, you arrive at booth and hand them over you passport that time just tell them you wana apply and they will ask you to leave taxi and stay with them for the process which could be couple or many hours long.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK...if you are in US and coming to apply for refugee in Canada, that can be only allowed in certain circumstances i guess i.e. you have close reletives or something like that. but please check the policy on it as i am not best knowledgeful on it