Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello,

With C-24 getting into effect mid next year. As per residence calculation if i sign application by last week of May i will be 1060 days. Waiting for another 35 days will put me under new law. I am planning to go ahead and submit the application with short Phy days and prepare all proof for RQ. I have notice of assessment since 2010 and except for 3 months before PR (when changing job had to wait for LMO and work permit i was not earning in canada as quit old job and waited in home country). I have Bank statements since 2010, Rental agreements, Wife's language school records, Wife master's degree enrollment and my Parents PR in process(5000 cap),, automobile insurance, retirement savings etc as supporting documents. My absence from canada are weekend trips to US (around 10-15 days), official trip (14 days), visiting parents and for marriage to home country (~55 days in 2 trips). i am not leaving the country after applying. My job is stable and in the process of buying home in canada (might be done when submitting application). I thought not to submit without physical days, but will be missing out on the borderline with new rule coming in effect..just wanted to give a try. My chances are 50-50. My eligibility with new rule will be early or mid 2017. Even if i am rejected by 2017 i am ok to apply with new rule criteria.

I have question on this. I know its risky to apply but any pointers are appreciated. Also when sending RQ (in my case) visa officer or judge intervention is required to review? (since C-24 few items are already implemented like 1 step process of visa officer itself reviewing the case).

regards
prasamp

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didnt really read what you wrote but if you are going to apply with less than 1095 day you will be refused, period.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Do not make any silly mistake apply on time apply according to the law

otherwise you end up for three year processing and than on the mercy of

CIC officer who will be assigned to ensure that the applicant must meet

the basic requirement.

Decision is yours any way...

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
I didnt really read what you wrote but if you are going to apply with less than 1095 day you will be refused, period.
yeah plus you will not gonna get the fee that you will pay ;D 400 each applicant if im not mistaken

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:

the basic requirement.

janoo, have you had your interview done. I have been following your posts and application lately?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Not yet ? today I call same answer file assigned to officer and processing time now
again change from 35 month to 36 month.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Not yet ? today I call same answer file assigned to officer and processing time now
again change from 35 month to 36 month.
You were saying that when u landed , you had a valid UAE visa. Do you think that is a factor in ur delay ?

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
janoo said:

the basic requirement.

thanks janoo. I have basic residence of 1190 days missing out on phyiscal by 35. I know its tricky situation be in... If the new rule is in effect after August 2015. I am eligible with actual days. Fingers crossed. Will not rush into this..

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Hi prasamp,

I'm also on the same boat in the process of applying app in late July or Aug 2015 but I would never send my citizenship app before meeting the min requirements and don't want my app to struck in 3 years backlog with no follow for RQ, now it's your choice which way you choose, either accept the truth or go for an experience.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
prasamp said:
Hello,

With C-24 getting into effect mid next year. As per residence calculation if i sign application by last week of May i will be 1060 days. Waiting for another 35 days will put me under new law. I am planning to go ahead and submit the application with short Phy days and prepare all proof for RQ. I have notice of assessment since 2010 and except for 3 months before PR (when changing job had to wait for LMO and work permit i was not earning in canada as quit old job and waited in home country). I have Bank statements since 2010, Rental agreements, Wife's language school records, Wife master's degree enrollment and my Parents PR in process(5000 cap),, automobile insurance, retirement savings etc as supporting documents. My absence from canada are weekend trips to US (around 10-15 days), official trip (14 days), visiting parents and for marriage to home country (~55 days in 2 trips). i am not leaving the country after applying. My job is stable and in the process of buying home in canada (might be done when submitting application). I thought not to submit without physical days, but will be missing out on the borderline with new rule coming in effect..just wanted to give a try. My chances are 50-50. My eligibility with new rule will be early or mid 2017. Even if i am rejected by 2017 i am ok to apply with new rule criteria.

I have question on this. I know its risky to apply but any pointers are appreciated. Also when sending RQ (in my case) visa officer or judge intervention is required to review? (since C-24 few items are already implemented like 1 step process of visa officer itself reviewing the case).

regards
prasamp
if you are not eligible by that time, don't apply else the chances are you would be denied because CJ will ask you the reason for not meeting residency requirement and if you say that because of the new c-24 bill you applied earlier, he will not consider it.
You should have a solid reason for applying in less than 1095 days.

Even still if you would like to apply, go ahead and if you get rejected and you will reapply, you most probably have to go through RQ again. reapplying citizenship can also trigger RQ.
Read details under: Previous Citizenship Applications heading in the following link:

http://www.immigroup.com/news/reasons-you-may-get-residence-questionnaire-canadian-citizenship

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasamp said:
Hello,

regards
prasamp
CIC recommended the use of they online calculator to prove your physical presence, it is one of the first documents they reviewed. I am afraid that they may reject your application based on that. However, since you really don't care about rejection or/and RQ, you can always try it and let us know of the outcome.
Best wishes,

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
thecoolguysam said:
if you are not eligible by that time, don't apply else the chances are you would be denied because CJ will ask you the reason for not meeting residency requirement and if you say that because of the new c-24 bill you applied earlier, he will not consider it.
You should have a solid reason for applying in less than 1095 days.
thanks thecoolguysam.. Obviously i am not giving that reason to CJ.

The reason i felt to apply was of the absence in my case. 75 days of absence prior to PR was due to provincial policy. Except in my province.. holders of provincial nomination for PR are eligible for bridging work permit valid for 1 year (until PR completion). When i changed my job with provincial nomination and PR in process i was asked to go for LMO and WP instead of bridging wp. Since my province didn't support that rule like other provinces, after i took up my case and wrote to provincial immigration after a month or so this rule was lifted. anyone with provincial nomination was given a WP without LMO. (not that they changed the rule bcz of me.. ) but in my case it took me 3.5 months (of which 75 days i was out of Canada). Also another 15 days of my absence bcz of my current job i was working from their US office (flight, rental car, hotel paid by company proof is there). if i didnt have this i would be above 1095 days. (75/2 +14).

Also the involvement of CJ is what i am confused. with new bill CJ is not involved in process. CJ will be involved only for applicants not meeting 1095 days?

I am sure this is not going to convince CJ. But i felt after paying taxes for these many years and have settled family in here i wanted to give a try. If the rejection is going to take 4 years then i wouldn't be applying. IF they are rejecting my case after 12-14 months it make sense for me. Still need to investigate further on rejected applicants history.

CicStratos

May 17, 2014
DO NOT apply with short on days, even if is 1 day. you will be rejected for not meeting the PHYSICAL requirment. That is the first thing they check when they recieve your file. (day you first came to canada, and day you physically apply for citizenship). personal experience.

with some parts of C-24 in effect, it can't be stressed enough about the physical requirments of an applicant. obey the law and respect it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
prasamp said:
thanks thecoolguysam.. Obviously i am not giving that reason to CJ.

The reason i felt to apply was of the absence in my case. 75 days of absence prior to PR was due to provincial policy. Except in my province.. holders of provincial nomination for PR are eligible for bridging work permit valid for 1 year (until PR completion). When i changed my job with provincial nomination and PR in process i was asked to go for LMO and WP instead of bridging wp. Since my province didn't support that rule like other provinces, after i took up my case and wrote to provincial immigration after a month or so this rule was lifted. anyone with provincial nomination was given a WP without LMO. (not that they changed the rule bcz of me.. ) but in my case it took me 3.5 months (of which 75 days i was out of Canada). Also another 15 days of my absence bcz of my current job i was working from their US office (flight, rental car, hotel paid by company proof is there). if i didnt have this i would be above 1095 days. (75/2 +14).

Also the involvement of CJ is what i am confused. with new bill CJ is not involved in process. CJ will be involved only for applicants not meeting 1095 days?

I am sure this is not going to convince CJ. But i felt after paying taxes for these many years and have settled family in here i wanted to give a try. If the rejection is going to take 4 years then i wouldn't be applying. IF they are rejecting my case after 12-14 months it make sense for me. Still need to investigate further on rejected applicants history.
they will not reject in 12-14 months. they will send you RQ and RQ is non-routine and it takes forever means 1+ year. If you have any solid reason to apply in short of days, then you can try.
If I was you, I wouldn't have applied short of days.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personally i dont think it a good idea!
Anyway, good luck bro if you insist to do so. Keep us here posted how it works out.