+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying visitor visa for an Indian living in UK (on dependent visa)

PR_User

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
I am a PR in Canada and currently pregnant.I am planning to invite my sister who is an Indian living in UK to visit me during my child birth.

But she is on a dependent visa(her husband who is working there on Tier 2 work visa) and not employed.

In this case when I apply for her , what are the supporting documents she must produce for the application to show strong ties to her resident country whichever is applicable (UK or India)

One more thing is she has to travel with her kid who is 3.5 years old.

Please help !!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Do check this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp You can also see the Document Checklist

She must show strong ties to her country of residence ie the UK.... this can be family (her husband)/financial/etc.... her immigration status in the UK/travel history will also matter.... if her ties to the UK are not strong then she must demonstrate ties to her home country ie India (property/family/financial)

She needs a letter from her husband that says he has no objections to taking their child abroad

Cheers :)

PR_User

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Hi Brianna,

Finally my sister is going to apply for visitor visa and also to stay with me for a week during my child birth.

She has a very good job in UK as Software developer(hoping that this will be a strong tie to her country of stay)

She is planning to attach the below documents,
1)UK bank statement
2)UK job pay slip
3)UK employment letter
4)Indian Tax filing statements(as she started working in UK only from July)
5)Indian bank statements(4 months statement as she has UK bank statement only for two months)
6)Flight tickets(with return ticket) from London to Toronto.
7)Her husband's UK bank statement and Employment letter.
8)Her child's daycare agreement.

From my side I am just going to send an invitation letter(Should I mention sight seeing or child birth as the reason).Is that enough or should I attach my financial documents as well ?

Please suggest.I really want to have her with me for emotional support during my child birth.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Your sister must also submit the following:
1. Immigration status in the UK (Dependent visa + Work Permit + copy of the biometric resident permit)

2. Marriage certificate

3. Leave approval letter from her employer stating her job will be there when she returns

4. Tenancy agreement (if she pays for the accommodation)

5. Authorization letter from her husband permitting her to take their child abroad + Birth certificate of her child

)Her husband's UK bank statement and Employment letter.
Will her husband travel with her? Will he support her financially for the visit?

As your sister has started working only recently.... she must focus on returning to the UK because of employment (of course) + her husband + other relatives in the UK/India + property she owns in India (if any) + financial investments in India (if any) + previous travel history

You must also provide: Copies of your passport + PR card + NOA/T4/bank statement (if you wish)

IMO you must draw up an itinerary covering tourist places, etc.... *emotional support during your baby's birth* will not work like I have mentioned in a reply to your query in another thread

Cheers :)

PR_User

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Bryanna said:
Will her husband travel with her? Will he support her financially for the visit?
He is not travelling with her.But he will support her financially.So should we submit his documents as well.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
PR_User said:
He is not travelling with her.But he will support her financially.So should we submit his documents as well.
Her husband must give a Letter of Financial Support + his bank statements/credit card statements + employment letter + for any recent deposits in her bank account, do explain the source of the money with proofs