+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to CIC and under AINP -H1b category

brightstar

Mar 4, 2009
Hello Everyone
Is it possible to apply to CIC under skilled worker category and simultaneosly apply under AINP H1b category ? will this help the processing to be faster? becoz while I have applied under ainp it will take 5 months for the nomination to come through and while that is happening my CIC processing is being done ...what do you think about this ?

I would appreciate if some one can help me decide which process would be better

Thanks

chow

Sep 23, 2008
brightstar said:
Hello Everyone
Is it possible to apply to CIC under skilled worker category and simultaneosly apply under AINP H1b category ? will this help the processing to be faster? becoz while I have applied under ainp it will take 5 months for the nomination to come through and while that is happening my CIC processing is being done ...what do you think about this ?

I would appreciate if some one can help me decide which process would be better

Thanks
Great Idea. Are you sure they are going to consider your one application for another? If they have done for all in the same situation, I might be receiving my VISA on the wayl or might be in Alberta,Canada already searching for jobs or got a job.

chow

Sep 23, 2008
brightstar said:
I was hoping a clarifiaction for the same .....so i guess the ans is no you cannot do that ...
The answer is Yes and No. It happened to some of the applications. They had FSW application pending and got AOR numbers. CIC converted then to PNP. Since their FSW applications fall under new 38 occupations list.

brightstar

Mar 4, 2009
My occupation falls under the NOC list for CIC as well as AINP Noc pressure list ...what do you think are the chances of the processing being faster in such kind of case

chow

Sep 23, 2008
brightstar said:
My occupation falls under the NOC list for CIC as well as AINP Noc pressure list ...what do you think are the chances of the processing being faster in such kind of case
I think the new FSW process is faster than PNP If your NOC falls under new 38 occupations list. You even don't have to apply for PNP. But not sure whether they will consider your application to switch from one to another after 4-6 months. These guys didnt have any idea of changes to the FSW process when they applied. Luckily their NOC is one of the new NOCs list. Don't know what will happen if you apply now.
Check out in trackiit site for the time frame of new FSW process.

chow

Sep 23, 2008
brightstar said:
Thank you so much ...appreciate your input
Refer question# 19 in the following link:
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/h1b_FAQ.pdf

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
Question 19 has nothing to do with his/her question.

Yes you can apply for both FSW and PNP at the same time. Each application will be processed separately and will not speed up the other. At some point towards the finalization of either of your 2 applications processes, you will have to withdraw the one that is moving slower.

Which one will be faster in your situation is hard to tell since you have just started your AINP nomination process. Once you receive your nomination from AINP, you should have a better picture on which will go faster.

Good luck,

V

Disclaimer: I am not an expert. This is only my opinion.

brightstar

Mar 4, 2009
V
Yes you are right ..I called the hot line yesterday and found out that yes I can but It would not faster the process or anything ..But the good part that can happen is that you will have flexibility to choose between FSW and AINP ...But As of now I feel AINP shud be faster since if I apply to FSW there will already applications pouring in from around the world and thats why it wud be slower ....

brightstar

Mar 4, 2009
Chow
This is not what the rep told me over the phone , infact she told me that I could and the applications wont be nullified over each other but eventually you will have to choose between FSW or AINP....