+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying thru AEO.... before/after MAY.....?

Boni M

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all

my job offer can be arranged in march / april, when should i apply before may or after may
which process is faster AEO OR LMO.

thanx
boni M

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
It seems like you will not have enough time to apply before May. AEO (for applications before May) or LMO (for applications after May) takes many months to process, and without them, you don't have a "valid" job offer. So, you would need to wait for positive AEO or LMO approval before you can apply.

Since you will not have time to apply before May, the best bet for you is to aim at applying after May and start the LMO process.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Further, read this thread to get an estimate of AEO processing time:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/arranged-employment-opinion-aeo-2012-processing-times-t116525.0.html

Hols

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
6221-B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AEO still processing
Boni M said:
hi all

my job offer can be arranged in march / april, when should i apply before may or after may

thanx
boni M
Hi I would suggest you do both, they are free to apply and yes your company will have to fill out the applications however the LMO started now could be approved in the next couple of months so you could apply for TFW in the interim. You will then have more options to start your new job in Canada while the PR is processing.

I hope that helps :)

AngryBirds

Feb 20, 2013
Boni M said:
hi all

thanx
boni M
AEO is a good option as far as I know. I personally know couple of guys who cleared the whole process in less than 4 months with AEO. It can depend on your employer too.

Hols

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
6221-B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AEO still processing
AngryBirds said:
AEO is a good option as far as I know. I personally know couple of guys who cleared the whole process in less than 4 months with AEO. It can depend on your employer too.
Yes that is what I am saying however the AEO currently can take up to 11 months to process :)

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
AngryBirds said:

Well Said.........and it can be also depended on job being offered ....which type of job is being offered it also affect processing time.......

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
The reason I am suggesting to take the LMO path is that starting in May, AEO will be replaced with LMO. SO, CIC will only accept LMO if applying after May. So, in case the AEO is not received before May, which is most likely going to be the case since it's very rare that it's granted within a couple month, they will need to apply for LMO anyways.

But yeah, you can start AEO ASAP and see if you can get it before May. However unlikely it is, you might just get lucky and get it if the employers provide all the right documents and information to HRSDC.

AngryBirds

Feb 20, 2013
namaste said:
The reason I am suggesting to take the LMO path is that starting in May, AEO will be replaced with LMO. SO, CIC will only accept LMO if applying after May. So, in case the AEO is not received before May, which is most likely going to be the case since it's very rare that it's granted within a couple month, they will need to apply for LMO anyways.

But yeah, you can start AEO ASAP and see if you can get it before May. However unlikely it is, you might just get lucky and get it if the employers provide all the right documents and information to HRSDC.
The recent tweet (somewhere towards the end of Feb 2013) from the minister says that all the new applicants will be placed in the queue behind MI-1 applicants except AEOs!!! What should we interpret from the same?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I think he meant to say people with valid job offers. May be he said AEO because that's what is used currently and since LMO has not yet been in effect. Change from AEO to LMO is one of their proposed changes for the new FSW starting in May. It is published in their gazette. So, assuming that all the proposed changes will be implemented starting in May, then we have to believe that change from AEO to LMO will also be implemented. Here's a link where you can read it:

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html

AngryBirds said:
The recent tweet (somewhere towards the end of Feb 2013) from the minister says that all the new applicants will be placed in the queue behind MI-1 applicants except AEOs!!! What should we interpret from the same?

AngryBirds

Feb 20, 2013
namaste said:
I think he meant to say people with valid job offers. May be he said AEO because that's what is used currently and since LMO has not yet been in effect. Change from AEO to LMO is one of their proposed changes for the new FSW starting in May. It is published in their gazette. So, assuming that all the proposed changes will be implemented starting in May, then we have to believe that change from AEO to LMO will also be implemented. Here's a link where you can read it:

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html
I guess, the following is what you are talking about, right? Thanks for sharing.

Streamlining the arranged employment process and reducing the potential for fraudulent job offers.

The evaluation of the FSWC showed that people who immigrate with a valid job offer do very well in Canada, earning 79% more in wages in the first three years after arrival than people without arranged employment. However, it also demonstrated that a more rigorous assessment of the employer and job offer is needed to curb fraud. Stakeholders also called on CIC to improve overall processing times of applications with arranged employment, both at Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) and CIC.

The specific objectives of this particular proposed amendment are (1) to increase the integrity of the arranged employment factor by enhancing the genuineness assessment and labour market impact through the addition of measures such as the requirement that employers demonstrate that they have tried to first recruit and train Canadians for an available position; and (2) to improve labour market responsiveness by providing a faster and more streamlined process for employers and applicants.

With the proposed changes, employers would be required to apply for a labour market opinion (LMO) to HRSDC, whether it is in support of a temporary work permit application and/or a permanent residence application. Eliminating the arranged employment opinion (AEO) and replacing it with the LMO is intended to reduce the burden on employers in the event the worker seeks to apply for permanent residence concurrently with a temporary work permit application. Using all rather than some of the LMO assessment factors already used for the Temporary Foreign Worker Class (TFWC) would enable a consistent and streamlined process for applicants and employers. These factors include the labour market impact of the entry of the foreign workers as it relates for example to wages, working conditions, recruitment efforts, labour shortages, and the genuineness of the job offer and the employer. The LMO would reduce the potential for fraudulent job offers, thus contributing to improved program integrity, and ensure that the job offer meets broader Canadian labour market objectives. Returning employers with good program compliance records may be eligible for accelerated LMO processing. FSWC applicants with a positive or neutral LMO from HRSDC could be awarded up to 15 points on the selection grid.

For programming consistency and integrity, CIC and HRSDC would also extend the TFWC’s “substantially the same” compliance-related assessment of wages, working conditions and occupations, along with extending the TFWC list of ineligible employers to also include non-compliant employers in the FSWC and the FSTC. Some exceptions to the requirement for an LMO would apply with respect to labour mobility provisions under international agreements such as NAFTA and GATS. In these instances, employers would need to demonstrate to CIC that they are making a qualifying job offer (i.e. non-seasonal and indeterminate).

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Yes!

AngryBirds said:
I guess, the following is what you are talking about, right? Thanks for sharing.

Streamlining the arranged employment process and reducing the potential for fraudulent job offers.

The evaluation of the FSWC showed that people who immigrate with a valid job offer do very well in Canada, earning 79% more in wages in the first three years after arrival than people without arranged employment. However, it also demonstrated that a more rigorous assessment of the employer and job offer is needed to curb fraud. Stakeholders also called on CIC to improve overall processing times of applications with arranged employment, both at Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) and CIC.

The specific objectives of this particular proposed amendment are (1) to increase the integrity of the arranged employment factor by enhancing the genuineness assessment and labour market impact through the addition of measures such as the requirement that employers demonstrate that they have tried to first recruit and train Canadians for an available position; and (2) to improve labour market responsiveness by providing a faster and more streamlined process for employers and applicants.

With the proposed changes, employers would be required to apply for a labour market opinion (LMO) to HRSDC, whether it is in support of a temporary work permit application and/or a permanent residence application. Eliminating the arranged employment opinion (AEO) and replacing it with the LMO is intended to reduce the burden on employers in the event the worker seeks to apply for permanent residence concurrently with a temporary work permit application. Using all rather than some of the LMO assessment factors already used for the Temporary Foreign Worker Class (TFWC) would enable a consistent and streamlined process for applicants and employers. These factors include the labour market impact of the entry of the foreign workers as it relates for example to wages, working conditions, recruitment efforts, labour shortages, and the genuineness of the job offer and the employer. The LMO would reduce the potential for fraudulent job offers, thus contributing to improved program integrity, and ensure that the job offer meets broader Canadian labour market objectives. Returning employers with good program compliance records may be eligible for accelerated LMO processing. FSWC applicants with a positive or neutral LMO from HRSDC could be awarded up to 15 points on the selection grid.

For programming consistency and integrity, CIC and HRSDC would also extend the TFWC's “substantially the same” compliance-related assessment of wages, working conditions and occupations, along with extending the TFWC list of ineligible employers to also include non-compliant employers in the FSWC and the FSTC. Some exceptions to the requirement for an LMO would apply with respect to labour mobility provisions under international agreements such as NAFTA and GATS. In these instances, employers would need to demonstrate to CIC that they are making a qualifying job offer (i.e. non-seasonal and indeterminate).

Boni M

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks very much friends for the explanations....

Rumaan 2002

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
AngryBirds said:

For programming consistency and integrity, CIC and HRSDC would also extend the TFWC's “substantially the same” compliance-related assessment of wages, working conditions and occupations, along with extending the TFWC list of ineligible employers to also include non-compliant employers in the FSWC and the FSTC. Some exceptions to the requirement for an LMO would apply with respect to labour mobility provisions under international agreements such as NAFTA and GATS. In these instances, employers would need to demonstrate to CIC that they are making a qualifying job offer (i.e. non-seasonal and indeterminate).
What i understand is that cases already waiting for AEO should apply PR before May, otherwise they will again wait for LMO to process.
Am i right ?