+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLYING SUPER VISA FROM US,PARENTS ARE IN US ON VISTOR VISA WITH INDIAN PASSPOR

daljitsydney

Feb 2, 2011
Hello Folks, My parents are visiting my brother(us citizen) ,they have 10 year multi visa for us and they have 6 month Canada visitor visa ( expiring in this month July, but never came to Canada, stamped in India) I am Canadian PR and meeting all requirements for applying super visa, My question is can they apply super visa from US .My wife is pregnant and My parents don't want to go to India to apply Supervisa.....Experts opinion please?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
daljitsydney said:
Hello Folks, My parents are visiting my brother(us citizen) ,they have 10 year multi visa for us and they have 6 month Canada visitor visa ( expiring in this month July, but never came to Canada, stamped in India) I am Canadian PR and meeting all requirements for applying super visa, My question is can they apply super visa from US .My wife is pregnant and My parents don't want to go to India to apply Supervisa.....Experts opinion please?
I don't see any rule for applying within home country but its likely to be refused as they need to provide paperwork etc to show ties to home, unless they are carrying it and CIC prefers applicants to apply from home country for regular visa, this is a different ordeal as they need to go for meds etc.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically, you should be able to do that since CIC allows you to apply from the country you are residing in.

As far as proving your ties to your home country, each visa office has its own requirements for documents etc. So check the document checklist or better yet call up/email the LA or New York office and ask them what exactly is required.

The New Delhi office is very cynical about screening applicants (compared to offices in North America).

Since your parents already have a 10 year US visa, it should improve your chances. Good Luck.

kichu523

Aug 2, 2013
hi,
my parents have visiting visa to Canada, they have visiting visa to US too. Can they exit to US from Canada after 3/6 months visit ,for 2 weeks and come back to Canada for another 6 months (instead of going back to India to extend their visa)
Please let me know

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
kichu523 said:
hi,
my parents have visiting visa to Canada, they have visiting visa to US too. Can they exit to US from Canada after 3/6 months visit ,for 2 weeks and come back to Canada for another 6 months (instead of going back to India to extend their visa)
Please let me know
They prefer you extending visa inside Canada - its simple online process, my folks came for 6 months, we got another 6 months and now we got 1 year ext
This is their 3rd such trip, back in 2007, we got 6+6+6 and 2003 was 6+6+6

kichu523

Aug 2, 2013
That s wonderful. Do you mind explaining to me what reason you told them for visa extension and how many days before the expiry we should apply.
thanks

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys need some similar advice:

Is it possible to apply for Parents Supervisa from home country (or online) and then submit the passports in US while visiting?

Or is it possible to apply for the Supervisa while you are visiting US for few months?

what could be the affect of doing the above on application result? if any. They got recent TRV refusal despite visiting US multiple times and Canada once without overstaying....reasoning family ties in canada / residence country and current employment situation (they are retired).