NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
Hi everyone,

I received my PPR a few days ago and I have sent my passport for stamping. I'm not yet in Canada, planning to fly in July. And my sister is planning to come during September to visit on a tourist visa.

We are from India. Can anyone guide me with it?

1. How much financial support will she have to show in the bank?
2. How much time will it take for her to get the tourist visa if we are in India?
3. Are there any other documents required to be shown as proof while applying for the visa?

Any help with the same will be appreciated.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I received my PPR a few days ago and I have sent my passport for stamping. I'm not yet in Canada, planning to fly in July. And my sister is planning to come during September to visit on a tourist visa.

We are from India. Can anyone guide me with it?

2. How much time will it take for her to get the tourist visa if we are in India?
3. Are there any other documents required to be shown as proof while applying for the visa?

Any help with the same will be appreciated.
You need to get your PR card first and then can issue a letter of invitation for her. She should have strong ties to India like a job ,property. tax returns for 2 years.etc. She need to show her financials to support the trip. Appprox 3 lacs.Visa processing time is about 30 days.

Last edited:

niki.chawla1

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
You need to get your PR card first and then can issue a letter of invitation for her. She should have strong ties to India like a job ,property. tax returns for 2 years.etc. She need to show her financials to support the trip. Appprox 3 lacs.Visa processing time is about 30 days.
Hi,
Thank you for replying but can she apply without my invitation? Cause my PR card will take take few months to reach me if i'm not wrong? And since I'm not leaving before July I dont think we can wait that long to apply for her tourist visa. In this case, can a friend send her an invite? Cause she wants to come visit and see the country.
Also, is it necessary the person needs to hold a PR card to send invitation to visit? Can a person not just apply for tourist visa without invite?

Anyway, she is currently working and wishes to apply for visa in a few weeks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Her bank balance balance and transactions must match her income. This means she must not borrow any money from anyone for her visa application

Current processing time is 24 days. This is only an estimate and not a commitment.

She must prove she has good reasons to return to India such as her employment/business + property/land ownership + good financial situation + family ties in India + previous travel history.

It must not appear that she is moving to Canada with you.

Also, is it necessary the person needs to hold a PR card to send invitation to visit? Can a person not just apply for tourist visa without invite?
Yes, she can apply on her own as a tourist without an invite. This will however work if she has a history of traveling to other countries as a tourist (especially the US, UK, Schengen, Australia).

If she applies as a tourist, she must prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary/plan with detailed expenses + provisional hotel bookings.... and prove that she can afford the visit with her own finances

Reactions: niki.chawla1

niki.chawla1

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
Her bank balance balance and transactions must match her income. This means she must not borrow any money from anyone for her visa application

Well she has been working for over 3.5 years now. And earning decent enough for saving. But she might borrow some money from my father. Does that create any problem?

Current processing time is 24 days. This is only an estimate and not a commitment.

Okay Thank you :)

She must prove she has good reasons to return to India such as her employment/business + property/land ownership + good financial situation + family ties in India + previous travel history.

She is currently working.

It must not appear that she is moving to Canada with you.

Yes, she can apply on her own as a tourist without an invite. This will however work if she has a history of traveling to other countries as a tourist (especially the US, UK, Schengen, Australia).

If she applies as a tourist, she must prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary/plan with detailed expenses + provisional hotel bookings.... and prove that she can afford the visit with her own finances

Oh I don't think so much of hassel makes sense. I'll invite her once I reach the country and get a house on rent.