+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visitor extension

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I applied for visitor extension, to stay with my partner in Canada to get married and apply for the spousal sponsorship, it was accepted but I went home due to some personal problems and that we both felt it was going a bit too fast, and it'd be better to wait a bit.. i wanted to cancel the application but it was accepted just before I left. We were unoficially engaged, since it was something me and him had just planned, and would tell our families about if the application was accepted, however we're taking a break at the moment, and if I come back we will most likely get married.

If I were to apply for an extension in the future, should I let them know this? i hope someone can help. Im scared it will make my chances very small.

(Posted first thread in wrong forum, so reposting it here)

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
So I applied for visitor extension, to stay with my partner in Canada to get married and apply for the spousal sponsorship, it was accepted but I went home due to some personal problems and that we both felt it was going a bit too fast, and it'd be better to wait a bit.. i wanted to cancel the application but it was accepted just before I left. We were unoficially engaged, since it was something me and him had just planned, and would tell our families about if the application was accepted, however we're taking a break at the moment, and if I come back we will most likely get married.

If I were to apply for an extension in the future, should I let them know this? i hope someone can help. Im scared it will make my chances very small.

(Posted first thread in wrong forum, so reposting it here)
When you say that it was accepted you mean approved?

If yes, you have de final decision and it does not mean that you have to stay until the new extended date.

Coming back as a tourist and applying for an extention in the future should not be a problem.