+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Travel Document China

hengda

Oct 14, 2014
Good morning,

I tried searching around the forum, and was unable to find a answer to my question.

My dad left Canada to China on August 7th, 2015 and will be coming back from September 5th, 2015.
He rarely travels, and just before leaving we realized his PR card is already expired.
I contacted the CIC office, and was advised to go to the Canada Visa office in Bejing China and apply for a travel document.
He applied on August 18th,2015 and was given a tracking number.
The tracking shows that his application is being processed at the office, no other information is given.
I have sent inquiry email to beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca and calling the embassy, but wasn't able to gain any information.

My questions is,
What is the usual processing time ( I tried finding it on their website )
Is there anything I can do to help speed up the processing.
Incase the document is not available by September 5th, can he still come back to Canada?

Thanks for all answers in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why didn't he renew his PR card to save this trouble? If you were to be in Canada, you could have mail his application.

I don't think there is anything you could do to speed up the processing. He would not be able to travel to Canada if he doesn't have the PRTD by September 5, unless he use a non commercial vehicle (such as his private jet) to Canada from China.

hengda

Oct 14, 2014
Its not that we didn't want to re new his PR
He rarely travels, and this was a emergency.

It was just never came to our mind that there was a expiry

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hengda said:
It was just never came to our mind that there was a expiry
What do you mean by "never came to your mind that there was an expiry"? I saw your first post and you said you were thinking to renew his card last October. If he met his RO and submit his application at that time, he probably would have his renewed PR card by now.