+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Student Visa.

IndianStone

Feb 22, 2017
Hello,

I completed my Diploma in Mechatronics in 2009 and I've been working ever since. I applied for Diploma in Electro Mechanical Engineering in Connestoga College in Ontario. I got the letter of acceptance. I scored 6.5 in IELTS. Now I've to apply for student visa.
My doubt is what are the chances of getting a visa, since I'm opting for Diploma after completing the same here in India? And there is a gap of 8 years since my last studies. Will that be an issue?
Any tips for writing my SOP is appreciated, and would be happy if anyone with the same profile shared their experience.
Thank you.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
IndianStone said:
Hello,

I completed my Diploma in Mechatronics in 2009 and I've been working ever since. I applied for Diploma in Electro Mechanical Engineering in Connestoga College in Ontario. I got the letter of acceptance. I scored 6.5 in IELTS. Now I've to apply for student visa.
My doubt is what are the chances of getting a visa, since I'm opting for Diploma after completing the same here in India? And there is a gap of 8 years since my last studies. Will that be an issue?
Any tips for writing my SOP is appreciated, and would be happy if anyone with the same profile shared their experience.
Thank you.
You can try your luck, but I see slimmer chance because of the same level education. If you are desperate, write strong SOP- how it will help you in finding job, show stronger ties to India, etc. Else, I would recommend to take little longer and look for a higher level degree. How much is IELTS individual sections? How good is financial support ?