+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for student visa after already filing PR

sherdill

Mar 18, 2009
I need some advice regarding student visa. I have already applied for Canadian Immigration around 3 years back but I am still waiting for it. Now I have decided to complete my MBA in Canada. For that I need a student visa. I have read at CIC website that I can still apply for student visa having a dual intent but I have to prove that I will return to my home country after completion of my studies if at that time my application for PR is either not processed or refused. I need to know how can I prove this to the visa officer. All I can say is that I will return as my parents are living here and I will have very good job prospects in my home country as well once I return after getting an MBA from Canada. Plus I will not be able to do a proper job (apart from odd jobs) as an illegal immigrant in Canada. Is this enough justification? What are the chances in such cases.

Rex

Mar 18, 2009
You as well tell the VISA officer about your current employment status, any traditional ties like coomunity work, positions. Property ownership and married status could help

CRP

Nov 20, 2007
Is there any chance I can get a study permit if my husband already filed for PR. I got a acceptance for an ESL 12 months course. My husband is intent to accompany me. We have the funds and everything and are willing to come back to our country if PR is refused.

How can we proof this???

Thanks,

CRP