+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Spousal Sponsorship AND proof of citizenship for kids...

Aug 26, 2017
UK
So sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I struggled to find my circumstances in the forum.
Backstory:
My husband has Canadian citizenship (his father being born there) but he's never lived in Canada. Our girls are luckily eligible for Canadian citizenship but don't as yet have the proof of citizenship.
I had a liver transplant (due to other m ducal problems) 7 years ago but aside from taking immunosuppressant drugs, I'm otherwise healthy.
We've had our offer accepted on a house in Canada and are in the process of selling ours here in London but have the option of renting in England until January or February.
My question is:
The spousal application form says to include the children's proof of citizenship application forms with my application but would it make an difference to apply for theirs first? Is it likely that my application would negatively affect theirs or vice versa?
Also I assume I should apply as an outlander..?

Many
Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

The checklist does not state to include the children's proof of citizenship apps with the spousal app. It states to include proof of the applications. The actual Certificate of Citizenship apps are sent to a completely different place.

You should apply for the certificates ASAP. They have nothing to do with your PR app.

Yes, you need to apply outland.

Reactions: Thewannabecanadian

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I had a liver transplant (due to other m ducal problems) 7 years ago but aside from taking immunosuppressant drugs, I'm otherwise healthy.
This is fine, it will not present any problems as they are only looking for medical conditions that would be a danger to other Canadians.

We've had our offer accepted on a house in Canada and are in the process of selling ours here in London but have the option of renting in England until January or February.
You should have already applied for PR many months ago using outland method.

Be cautious if travelling to Canada as a visitor before getting PR status, as you're expected to act like a visitor when talking to CBSA. So if you come after selling everything at home and intending to stay in Canada permanently, there could be problems entering.

If coming to Canada before getting PR you should have a residential address still in the UK, a return ticket, etc etc.

Reactions: Thewannabecanadian