+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR through the Buffalo office

nefeli

Jul 13, 2008
Hi everyone,
I am a US citizen wanting to apply for PR in Canada. My husband was denied entry in US due to overstay and now he is at his home country. We fought to get him back for the last three years but were not successful. Now we are thinking of moving to Canada. I would apply through the skilled worker category. Before I take any steps to do that, I wanted to find out some information about interviews at the Canadian Embassy once the process is close to the end. If I was called for an interview, would my husband have to be there? I am asking this just because he is barred from entering US for 10 years, so it would be impossible for him to be present for a possible interview at the Buffalo office.
Does anyone have any experience or any information about this? Is there an alternative to being intrviewed in Buffalo? Any help would be grately appreciated.
Nefeli

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi nefeli

I guess if you are the principal applicant your husband is not required to the interview (if any) (not 100% sure)

In the other hand, if he is banned to enter to US he may want to look for direct flight to Canada from his home country (once you guys were ready to do your landing)

Good luck
Eduardo

nefeli

Jul 13, 2008
Thank you so much for responding to my question. I really appreciate it. Now I can have some peace of mind.
Nefeli

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
It's good to know that only the principal applicant is required to go in an interview if necessary. Thanks for the information. Hopefully, my interview will be waived.