+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR from USA on H1B

keerthi

Jun 20, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for PR in canada.I am on H1B in USA and I am IT consultant .I have few questions on applying PR

1) Can I apply to PR as a IT consulatnt.After reading few posts I came to know that IT cosultants cannot apply for PR with the new rules .Is it true?
2) Do I need offer letter from Canadian employer If I have to apply for PR.Can I apply to PR with out Job offer letter
3) Do I need to go to canada in the mean time of processing
4) Is there any best source to know about these information....

Thanks

jamesbond

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
keerthi said:
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for PR in canada.I am on H1B in USA and I am IT consultant .I have few questions on applying PR

1) Can I apply to PR as a IT consulatnt.After reading few posts I came to know that IT cosultants cannot apply for PR with the new rules .Is it true?
2) Do I need offer letter from Canadian employer If I have to apply for PR.Can I apply to PR with out Job offer letter
3) Do I need to go to canada in the mean time of processing
4) Is there any best source to know about these information....

Thanks
1. You can apply, but IT consultants is not on the list of approved professions that do not need a job offer.
2. In your case you need a Canadian job offer, probably with LMO too. You cannot apply as an IT Consultant without a job offer (unless you have 2 years of Canadian experience)
3. You don't have to go to Canada, although I imagine that not many companies will give you a job offer without having a face-to-face interview.
4. As @newcomer said: www.cic.gc.ca

Good luck!