+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Post grad Diploma, already have an MBA from UK (Indian Nationality)

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
HI,
I am from India. Its very hard for me to find a similar case to mine, and even harder to find someone with much knowledge regarding the same.
To start with....
My 10th (2007)grades - 72%
12th (2009) - 82%
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from India (2009 - 13) - 6.73 CGPA (out of 10)
MBA (from UK, 1 year duration, 2013 - 14) - around 50% (percentage not mentioned on transcript, just the scores)
Work experience - 1 year 3 months in a Bank in India
IELTS - 7 (L- 8, R - 7.5, W - 6.5, S - 6.5)

I have applied for Advanced Project Management and Strategic Leadership (Graduate Certificate) - 2 years duration, from Lambton College Toronto. Jan 2017 Intake. I suppose my MBA marks will not matter much as the course admission is based on Bachelors.

I am just wondering about the probability of Visa approval. Though I know I have to prepare a very strong SOP.

Shivani79

Nov 3, 2016
Hello did u get visa? Actually i m also havng the uk masters degree n now applied for 2yr pgd . Plz share ur exp

SINGH5911

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 nov 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
07/12/16
I did apply for canada visa based on uk bachelor but got refusal as cic do not accept consolidated transcriptl

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
Shivani79 said:
Hello did u get visa? Actually i m also havng the uk masters degree n now applied for 2yr pgd . Plz share ur exp
Hi, ya I got the Visa. Had to make very strong SOP, that's it. Plus the IELTS score for UK graduates should be 6.5 minimum in all sections.

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
SINGH5911 said:
I did apply for canada visa based on uk bachelor but got refusal as cic do not accept consolidated transcriptl
I think they do accept it. What exactly was mentioned in your rejection letter?

SINGH5911

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 nov 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
07/12/16
Its clearly mentioned in checklist consolidated transcript not acceptable
My ielts score was 7 not less than 6

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
SINGH5911 said:
Its clearly mentioned in checklist consolidated transcript not acceptable
My ielts score was 7 not less than 6
Well there's a problem if u have less than 6.5 in even 1 section (Reading, listening, speaking or writing)

SonaSonia

Nov 10, 2016
Hi harsh,
I am having a similar situation. I have completed my masters from India and now applied for a PG certificate course in Ontario, Canada. I am worried about my VISA chances as I have a masters already. An the transcript from my masters is Consolidated mark sheet. The university doesnt provide a tanscript but will only provide a consolidated mark sheet. Is there any problem?

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
SonaSonia said:
Hi harsh,
I am having a similar situation. I have completed my masters from India and now applied for a PG certificate course in Ontario, Canada. I am worried about my VISA chances as I have a masters already. An the transcript from my masters is Consolidated mark sheet. The university doesnt provide a tanscript but will only provide a consolidated mark sheet. Is there any problem?
Hi, the visa is not rejected just because you already have masters. It depends upon how you explain yourself for the Pg certificate course you are going for. I had done MBA prior to this and I am also going for PG certificate. If you have explained well enough in your SOP that this course will add value to your career and is complementary to your past studies and work exp. then I think you will get the visa.
Regarding consolidated marksheet, I am really not sure as in my case MBA was of one year and I too had the consolidated marksheet of whole year. Nothing bad happened in my case. In worst case scenario, you can reach out to your University and try to get a letter from them stating that they don’t issue any term wise marksheet but only a consolidated one, which is subjectable for any official verification.
Conclusively, I would say SOP is the most important document to fetch you a VISA, aside from other documents which everyone has.

Pooja_Kri

Nov 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2016
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
5-12-2016
Hi Harsh,

I am also in an almost similar situation. What got you write the SOP? I mean, I didn't see that mentioned anywhere while I filled the form. How long did it take for you to get the approval? I applied around 10 days back.

SonaSonia

Nov 10, 2016
I wanted to move to industry.my. Past experience was teaching. So i wont be able to move to an industry with this experience and qualification. That is my reason. It is the true reason and whixh i stated in my SOP.
The course which i took is a practical based course too.
And I am actually in the EE pool secondary applicant. My husband is the primary applicant. Will they trace my EE profile?

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
Pooja_Kri said:
Hi Harsh,

I am also in an almost similar situation. What got you write the SOP? I mean, I didn't see that mentioned anywhere while I filled the form. How long did it take for you to get the approval? I applied around 10 days back.

It took 2 weeks for me to get my approval. Well every consultant I went to, told me that my case was risky and I have to write a strong SOP to support my application. Also, I did a little research on the same, and I knew that a I had to do it to get the Visa. At last it comes in the hands of Visa Officer to take decision on our cases, and he reads the SOP, so it is in our hands to impress him as much as we can.

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
HarshYADAV said:
It took 2 weeks for me to get my approval. Well every consultant I went to, told me that my case was risky and I have to write a strong SOP to support my application. Also, I did a little research on the same, and I knew that a I had to do it to get the Visa. At last it comes in the hands of Visa Officer to take decision on our cases, and he reads the SOP, so it is in our hands to impress him as much as we can.
Hi, congratulations to your approval!

I've got twice rejection and are still working on the SOP

would you mind give me some advice??

Thank you!

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
DUNNO said:
Hi, congratulations to your approval!

I've got twice rejection and are still working on the SOP

would you mind give me some advice??

Thank you!
Thanks...! For SOP I would suggest you to relate your course to your background (previous education, achievements and work experience) and future goals. In a way, they all should be aligned in one direction. You could start with a good quotation and relate it to your decision of going for this course. Your grammar should be perfect and use some complex (attractive) words too. And emphasize on the fact that you will be coming back to your country after the course, with the reason. Try to include this from beginning that how there is huge demand of people with those skills and qualification in your country. Explain it, how the course will be complementary to your profile. In one paragraph you could explain why you want to study abroad, and then specifically in Canada.
SOP is the only place where you could explain anything you want to convey to Visa officer. Try to make it straight forward and not the essay with just honey-coated words in it. You can also google some tips to write your SOP. Also, do not compare the College/Uni you chose, with any other institute. Just mention why you chose that College/Uni in few lines (include few key subjects they are teaching in your course).

Well that was my experience with SOP. People may suggest you differently, as there is not just one way to write it. Key points are to relate the course to your background and goals ......and your intentions after completing the course.

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
HarshYADAV said:
Thanks...! For SOP I would suggest you to relate your course to your background (previous education, achievements and work experience) and future goals. In a way, they all should be aligned in one direction. You could start with a good quotation and relate it to your decision of going for this course. Your grammar should be perfect and use some complex (attractive) words too. And emphasize on the fact that you will be coming back to your country after the course, with the reason. Try to include this from beginning that how there is huge demand of people with those skills and qualification in your country. Explain it, how the course will be complementary to your profile. In one paragraph you could explain why you want to study abroad, and then specifically in Canada.
SOP is the only place where you could explain anything you want to convey to Visa officer. Try to make it straight forward and not the essay with just honey-coated words in it. You can also google some tips to write your SOP. Also, do not compare the College/Uni you chose, with any other institute. Just mention why you chose that College/Uni in few lines (include few key subjects they are teaching in your course).

Well that was my experience with SOP. People may suggest you differently, as there is not just one way to write it. Key points are to relate the course to your background and goals ......and your intentions after completing the course.

Thanks for sharing!
I've already wrote one, can you just look at it and give me some advice?
I just want to know is it convincing enough because of my rejection history.
Can I send you personal message? Please??