+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PGWP and status restoration

feather123

Apr 21, 2023
Hi, I am currently applying for my PGWP but my study permit expired 2 months ago. I couldn't apply before as I was waiting for my university to give me the final letter confirming my graduation.
According to IRCC's website I am within the 90 day limit to apply for restoration. As I apply for my PGWP now, I want to make sure I pay the correct fees for restoration (as a student, even though I have finished my graduation) and attach the correct supporting documents to explain my situation.
Any help is extremely appreciated.
Thank you

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
So what is your question here? Just pay the restoration fee and apply for PGWP. But don't work until you get it approved. That is it. And may be explain why you did not maintain your student status by extending your SP.

aydenep

May 30, 2023
how do you apply resoration and pgwp at the same time cause it only lets one thing at a time online. Can anyone help or know how to do it ? would really appreciate it.

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
how do you apply resoration and pgwp at the same time cause it only lets one thing at a time online. Can anyone help or know how to do it ? would really appreciate it.
You don't need to apply for restoration. Just pay the restoration fee online and attach the receipt with Pgwp application. That implies you're applying for both restoration of status and Pgwp at a time.

Reactions: Joey_C

OsDpapa97

May 31, 2023
Bonjour à vous je suis étudiant au Sénégal et j'aimerais continuer mes études de Master au canada comment faire pour avoir le visa étude ??

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
You don't need to apply for restoration. Just pay the restoration fee online and attach the receipt with Pgwp application. That implies you're applying for both restoration of status and Pgwp at a time.
Please advice. As my study program and study permit both were upto 30.04.2023, I had to apply for extension of study permit so that I can file PGWP. It has been extended till 30.07.2023.
Now I got my official transcript and letter. Now I am searching for job. I want to apply for PGWP after getting a job. One of my friends was granted PGWP within a month. Since my course was of one year duration, I may not complete necessary one year Canadian work experience for PR.
Should I file for PGWP within 90 days or 180 days from receiving completion letter. Both these limits are mentioned in IRCC website.

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
Please advice. As my study program and study permit both were upto 30.04.2023, I had to apply for extension of study permit so that I can file PGWP. It has been extended till 30.07.2023.
Now I got my official transcript and letter. Now I am searching for job. I want to apply for PGWP after getting a job. One of my friends was granted PGWP within a month. Since my course was of one year duration, I may not complete necessary one year Canadian work experience for PR.
Should I file for PGWP within 90 days or 180 days from receiving completion letter. Both these limits are mentioned in IRCC website.
Why do you want to wait till getting a job to apply for PGWP? Apply right now as you have all the documents and then start working. Don't worry about the time it takes for Pgwp approval. If it takes 3 months for Pgwp approval, you will have 3 months + 1 year legal work eligibility, which is an advantage for you.

Joey_C

Feb 14, 2024
Hey friend. May I ask where should I attach the restoration fee receipt in the PGWP application? To the client info or somewhere else? Thank you.

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are applying through my cic account, online portal will ask you questions regarding your legal status in canada and date of expiry .

It will automatically ask you to pay restoration fee alongwith your pgwp fee .

Restoration fee is 200 cad + applicable fee for pgwp