+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for parent's visa

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends

I have a Canadian PR and I would like to apply for my parent's visitors visa. I am about to land by the end of this month. Can I apply for their TRV now, through they don't have any intentions to come to Canada immediately?

Do I need letter of invitation for them? As such I would be staying at a place booked through Airbnb initially for a period of one week, after which I will begin my search for a permanent accommodation.

My parents have retired and they have enough funds to support them financially during their stay?

Do I also need to furnish a copy of return flight tickets? As I said earlier, I haven't booked any tickets for them as of now since they don't plan to come immediately.

I would be grateful, if someone can answer my queries.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Nirav,

Can I apply for their TRV now, through they don't have any intentions to come to Canada immediately?
If they are not likely to visit anytime soon then you should apply when they intend to visit.

Do I need letter of invitation for them?
Yes, an invitation letter helps stating that you will provide accommodation and take care of their travel/living expenses. An Airbnb place will not help.

Do I also need to furnish a copy of return flight tickets?
Provisional flight itinerary.... state you will buy their tickets when TRVs are issued

Cheers

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
Hi Nirav,
If they are not likely to visit anytime soon then you should apply when they intend to visit.

Yes, an invitation letter helps stating that you will provide accommodation and take care of their travel/living expenses. An Airbnb place will not help.

Provisional flight itinerary.... state you will buy their tickets when TRVs are issued

Cheers
Thank you Bryanna. I will apply for them, once I land

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All...
Applying for visitor visa and the question is related to the signature on the forms to be submitted online.
IMM5257 Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required) -- is it recommended to physically sign and scan the document for uploading and for Family Information IMM5645 for online application do we need to take a print out write the names in native language and sign the same and then scan and upload.
please comment thanks in advance for the time.

Thanks