+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for OWP and PR

saryaka

Sep 28, 2013
Hi, i just want to ask something. I am a live-in caregiver and wanted to apply for OWP and PR. is it possible to apply while my annulment case is on process? because i already completed my 24 months required for owp and pr. please help. thank yoU!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saryaka said:
Hi, i just want to ask something. I am a live-in caregiver and wanted to apply for OWP and PR. is it possible to apply while my annulment case is on process? because i already completed my 24 months required for owp and pr. please help. thank yoU!
Yes, but include the information about the annulment.

saryaka

Sep 28, 2013
Thank you PMM. Another thing, does my kids nees to have passports by the time i pass my application? we have a complicated situation that i can't apply them for passporting for the reason that they were still illegitimate. Thank you again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saryaka said:
Thank you PMM. Another thing, does my kids nees to have passports by the time i pass my application? we have a complicated situation that i can't apply them for passporting for the reason that they were still illegitimate. Thank you again
If your kids are included on your application as accompanying, they will need passports to get their PR visa. You will need proof that you have full custody of them are allowed to move to Canada with them or you need permission from their father.

If they are included as not accompanying, they need to have the medicals but they do not need passports. They will not get a PR visa with you but you keep the option open to sponsor them later.

Immigration will soon be changing the maximum age of a dependent child from 22 to probably 19 so that would likely be the limit you would need to sponsor them by, that is 19.

saryaka

Sep 28, 2013
I'm such a forgetful leon, i need to ask if do i need to include my ex husband on my papers? We're on with the annulment process anyways. Thanks again.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think because you are still married, include him but list your status as separated and include a cover letter stating that you are working on getting an annulment. Then when you get it, send proof of the annulment and ask for him to be removed from your application.

saryaka

Sep 28, 2013
thanks leon. by the way, what will i choose on question number 3 of IMM5710? i am applying for open work permit..

i am applying for one or more of the following:
a work permit with the same employer
restoration of temporary resident status as a worker
a work permit with a new employer
initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

and about the details of intended work in canada, can you please explain it to me?
sorry i had lots of questions, i just want to make it clear Leon. so i will understand it more.

thank you so much for your time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saryaka said:
thanks leon. by the way, what will i choose on question number 3 of IMM5710? i am applying for open work permit..

i am applying for one or more of the following:
a work permit with the same employer
restoration of temporary resident status as a worker
a work permit with a new employer
initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

and about the details of intended work in canada, can you please explain it to me?
sorry i had lots of questions, i just want to make it clear Leon. so i will understand it more.

thank you so much for your time.
You are applying for an open permit so the best fit is new employer and you don't have to write anything about intended work because it is an open work permit.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saryaka said:
Thank you.

Can i apply first for open work permit? Thank you
You can only apply for an OWP as a live-in caregiver as a part of your PR application.