+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for new PR and currently working in USA on h1b

buriHalath

Sep 28, 2011
Hi,
I'm working in usa from past 4 years my priority date is 2008 EB3 India as we know that its going to take more than 5 yrs to get GC as my visa is valid till 2013.

my question is that can i apply for Canadian PR from USA and get it approved before 2013 As i have my family which is dependent on me, will they get the same. if it got approved.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

buriHalath said:
Hi,
I'm working in usa from past 4 years my priority date is 2008 EB3 India as we know that its going to take more than 5 yrs to get GC as my visa is valid till 2013.

my question is that can i apply for Canadian PR from USA and get it approved before 2013 As i have my family which is dependent on me, will they get the same. if it got approved.
1, Yes if you qualify and either have 1 years experience in an occupation on the list of "29" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list or a an approved employment offer from an employer in Canada and you get 67 points.
2. You can include your spouse and dependent children under 22 in the application. And dependent children over 22 only if they have been in full time attendance at school prior to turning 22 and continue in that until a visa is issued.
3. If you qualify and your application is accepted, the posted processing time for 80% of the application in Buffalo is 21 months.

buriHalath

Sep 28, 2011
Hi,

I can file PR now but what if dependents cross 22 years of age before getting PR??

Is there any interview if yes, do i have to go canada for interview??

Please advice me.

Thanks