+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for new IEC on visitors visa??

Liam88

Mar 27, 2015
Hi guys, My current IEC on my Irish passport expires May 18th 2015, I want to apply for a new IEC on my Australian passport(I am still eligible as my current Irish IEC participation was activated before 2015 meaning I am eligible for 1 more participation under the rules for Australian citizens)

Can I apply for a visitors visa to extend my stay in Canada with my Irish passport and then apply for the new IEC....OR...would it be better to leave Canada on May 18th, return to Canada on my Australian passport with a visitors visa and apply for IEC then?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Liam88 said:
Hi guys, My current IEC on my Irish passport expires May 18th 2015, I want to apply for a new IEC on my Australian passport(I am still eligible as my current Irish IEC participation was activated before 2015 meaning I am eligible for 1 more participation under the rules for Australian citizens)

Can I apply for a visitors visa to extend my stay in Canada with my Irish passport and then apply for the new IEC....OR...would it be better to leave Canada on May 18th, return to Canada on my Australian passport with a visitors visa and apply for IEC then?
assume 2015 is a typo . You have probably left it a bit late to extend your stay post IEC on a visitors visa which should be done onshore in 30 day window before expiry, used to be a specific form for it but cannot find it maybe you can. Not sure would seem odd if you went to border with Irish passport to flagpole a visitor visa given the IEC expiry may 18th so probably the second plan with OZ passport might be route to take. Dont understand the link between Irish IEC and OZ IEC as participation is completely separate. Same as if you were from Northern Ireland you could i believe paricipate in UK and Irish IEC back to back with no participation issue.