+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for jobs post PR

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
Hi Guys,
i just have one small doubt. would it be possible to get a job from your country after you have made one landing in canada and got your PR?
like if i am in India and i have my PR card but want to apply for jobs from here, do employers accept interviews over skype?
living in canada jobless would be heavy on my pocket.

Ashwani

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Some employers do some do not , really can depend what industry or job that someone is applying for.

Generally though whether someone has PR or not unfortunately the fact someone is still in home country can be seen as a negative versus an in country candidate. Many companies just will not waste time on an applicant who may well have PR but no guarantee that they will move permenantly when they imply they might.

Some people on this forum have even gone to the extent of having a Canadian phone number even though they are still in home country, what they do if there is a follow up interview the next couple days no idea.

Immigration unfortunately is always going to be one big risk often with periods of unemployment unless really lucky, that is just the way it is, not easy.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Hi Guys,
i just have one small doubt. would it be possible to get a job from your country after you have made one landing in canada and got your PR?
like if i am in India and i have my PR card but want to apply for jobs from here, do employers accept interviews over skype?
living in canada jobless would be heavy on my pocket.

Ashwani
Hi Ashwani,

My organisation might be able to help you out depending on your occupation. http://fastbc.org/ It's a pre-arrival program for folks outside of Canada who have been approved for immigration to Canada but are yet to land. Once the program is complete, you become eligible for www.bcjobconnect.ca