+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying For express entry with a slight hitch - Pakistan

May 14, 2019
Hey y'all, so I got a question for you guys. I'm pretty sure you guys have never heard of this before or you might have, point is, it's not common or maybe that's how I think. Has any of you applied for a Canadian PR with an O-A levels background plus with a subject from matric from Pakistan? In my O Levels, I kinda skipped one subject and I gave that one through the matric system. To be honest, that's the only thing that's kinda stopping me from applying for a PR. Got my equivalence certificate made years ago, I have completed my bachelors and masters degree in dentistry from Pakistan and I have 5+ years of experience in various dental clinics and hospitals. So I'm a dentist in Pakistan. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you has gone through the same thing or might have heard something similar? Do you think WES is going to have a problem with my secondary education certification considering I appeared for 95% of my exams from O-A levels and one exam from matric? Hoping to hear from all of you very soon. TIA.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Did ya put your name in the goblet of fire?

No?

Okay then...

You have received equivalence certificate years ago? From what institute?
If it was WES, pay for additional certificate to IRCC from your WES profile and get it extended for 5 more years.

OR

You need to get the evaluation of bachelor's degree and master's degree and nothing else.
High school, Senior school certificates are not required as per my knowledge. Maybe WES has a different operating structure for Pakistan's education system than Indian for providing equivalency, BUT, your highest level of education will give you the most points, so you can skip school level certificates altogether and focus on getting your professional degrees for your skills as a dentist evaluated.

May 14, 2019
Did ya put your name in the goblet of fire?

No?

Okay then...

You have received equivalence certificate years ago? From what institute?
If it was WES, pay for additional certificate to IRCC from your WES profile and get it extended for 5 more years.

OR

You need to get the evaluation of bachelor's degree and master's degree and nothing else.
High school, Senior school certificates are not required as per my knowledge. Maybe WES has a different operating structure for Pakistan's education system than Indian for providing equivalency, BUT, your highest level of education will give you the most points, so you can skip school level certificates altogether and focus on getting your professional degrees for your skills as a dentist evaluated.
Thank you for the reply, it's actually the equivalence certificate that we get when we combine our O-A levels before applying into a University. It's IBCC for us.
According to WES, this is what they're asking for in the required documents:

Secondary School Certificate of Examination
For example: Intermediate Examination Certificate or Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) or any other certificate awarded by the Board

What you need to do:

Ask your State Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education to attest and send your document directly to WES in a Academic Records Request Form. This form will help you request your documents.

Important Information:

• Documents not attested by a State Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education will not be accepted.
  • To find contact information for the appropriate Board, please visit www.fbise.edu.pk.

Which is why this is a bit concerning.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Please check if you really need 10th and 12th class certificates evaluated.
I think only grad and post grad degrees, diplomas and certificates are needed to be done to have a CRS score for education.
Nothing from the school level.
Also, people studying UG diploma courses after completing metriculation can get a CRS score out of them. But nothing from a school certificate.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
PS: I do not get what you mean from O-A levels. I'm assuming them to be 10 and 12 standard.