NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Hi folks,

I'm currently on the pool to apply for EE's PR but, my PGWP is expiring in July, 13, 2018.

So, I found an option to apply for a Work Permit extension and CIC is asking me for these documents:

· Offer of employment: I've been told that I can ask my company to provide this without issues - they already provided for another Brazilian colleague.
· Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC): I already have this letter as a backup for Express Entry.
· Letter of Support from Province or Territory: I've asked for this letter for MB government and the same colleague told me that tomorrow I'll have it.

However, all these documents are linked to my Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP).
So, here are the questions:

1. Do you see any issues on using this service to have more time for my Express Entry?
2. Could they reject this working visa extension since I don't have an in progress MPNP application?

At some point on my WP extension application, they've asked me if I'm participating on any PR application and I answered Yes - they didn't asked if that was related with my provincial nominee program. They actually didn't ask for any MPNP information.
So I'd answer the question above as: it doesn't have problem but, I want other opinions as I'm far from being sure about it.

Thanks!

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
if you have AOR, you can use AOR to extend your PGWP for another year under BOWP without having to provide any PNp documents or employer documents.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
if you have AOR, you can use AOR to extend your PGWP for another year under BOWP without having to provide any PNp documents or employer documents.
But I already got a cancellation once and I'm afraid I won't have much time if I get another.

What if I get another cancellation, would I still be able to apply again and stay working in Canada?

Thanks!

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Are you able to tell if the BOWP will remain if I get another cancellation on my EE PR's application?

Thanks!

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Could someone please help me on this?

Thanks!

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Answering the questions as I hired an immigration adviser to help me:

1. Do you see any issues on using this service to have more time for my Express Entry?
A: No, it is totally fine to apply for a closed work permit using the province nomination program.

2. Could they reject this working visa extension since I don't have an in progress MPNP application?
A: No as well. Canada and your province main objective with you is to have you working here in Canada so, they won't refuse this kind of working visa extension.

Moreover:
- You have the right to apply for a bridge work permit under the Express Entry PR's profile
- For the bridge work permit you don't need as much documents as you need for the closed work permit
- However, for the bridge work permit, if anything goes wrong with your application, and you still don't have your working visa extension, you will lose your working visa extension as well.
- If your current visa has expired, you don't need to leave Canada but, you won't be able to work without a pending application (either for a work permit, or a PR application). You can remain in Canada for 90 days with this but you will have to restore your status when applying for any of the above.

So, I would say that the best option, if you don't mind working for your current company, is to apply for a closed work permit.
Then, when you have your PR, it will be void and you can change your company if you would like.
It's less risky (no dependencies) and lasts longer (2 years).

But, if you want to change your job, apply for the bridge work permit, which is a open work permit.
It will last for 1 year and you could lose it as it depends on your PR application (in case anything goes wrong).

Hope this will help someone with a similar case as I had.

Thanks!

Reactions: shannonxtreme