+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for EE with/without spouse

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts

I need sincere suggestions from you all !!!

I am on PGWP and my spouse is in SOWP in Canada. Our permits are expiring in December 2023. My CRS score alone is 473; with my spouse, it's 446. I know the CRS score is low and i am not sure how the category-based draw will affect the possibility of getting an ITA as i am in the STEM occupation.

I am not sure if i should apply by just myself and then sponsor my spouse later but that could take much more time as it will be a complicated process (not sure what documents i need to prepare for sponsorship). The other option is to just wait and watch but i don't have much time left.

Can anyone please help me out on what should be best path forward.

Thanks all in advance.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
You cannot submit it without spouse as she is currently in Canada. Chances of rejection are higher if you apply with out spouse

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello experts

I am on PGWP and my spouse is in SOWP in Canada. Our permits are expiring in December 2023. My CRS score alone is 473; with my spouse, it's 446. I know the CRS score is low and i am not sure how the category-based draw will affect the possibility of getting an ITA as i am in the STEM occupation.

I am not sure if i should apply by just myself and then sponsor my spouse later but that could take much more time as it will be a complicated process (not sure what documents i need to prepare for sponsorship). The other option is to just wait and watch but i don't have much time left.

Thanks all in advance.
People list their spouse, add them as non-accompanying. Most get their PRs and sponsor their partner later. You can see a lot of other similar cases on the forum too. Make sure you do your due diligence well enough before taking this step as your spouse is already in Canada.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello experts

Thanks all in advance.
Your spouse can contribute to the points as well through language test and ECA. Have you looked at that option? Is your spouse working in Canada for a year? If so check your spouse’s NOC as well for points addition - only for Canadian experience

Accompanying or non accompanying decision depends on both of you. Make sure your spouse visa remains valid until you can sponsor or your spouse would potentially have to be sponsored as outland.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Your spouse can contribute to the points as well through language test and ECA. Have you looked at that option? Is your spouse working in Canada for a year? If so check your spouse’s NOC as well for points addition - only for Canadian experience

Accompanying or non accompanying decision depends on both of you. Make sure your spouse visa remains valid until you can sponsor or your spouse would potentially have to be sponsored as outland.
My spouse ECA and IELTS including is lower than mine alone which reduces the chance for ITA even more. Therefore, I was thinking to apply for myself first and then sponsor her later but the problem is that once the SOWP expires in December 2023, she will have to leave. I would like her to be here with me in Canada.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
People list their spouse, add them as non-accompanying. Most get their PRs and sponsor their partner later. You can see a lot of other similar cases on the forum too. Make sure you do your due diligence well enough before taking this step as your spouse is already in Canada.
Yeah i was rooting for that option to apply for myself first and then sponsor her but the problem is that once the SOWP expires in December 2023, she will have to leave. I would like her to be here with me in Canada. is there a way for her to be here while my PR is in process and she is on her SOWP?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yeah i was rooting for that option to apply for myself first and then sponsor her but the problem is that once the SOWP expires in December 2023, she will have to leave. I would like her to be here with me in Canada. is there a way for her to be here while my PR is in process and she is on her SOWP?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if she can do that. She'll most likely have to go back once she is out of status.

While IRCC is playing lose and easy with intentions declared through "non-accompanying" right now, it might not be the same over the next few years as more and people opt for it. You should be very careful about what you are doing here. Make sure to do your due diligence here (consult a lawyer maybe?).

mapleworld

Jan 12, 2023
I applied with non-accompanying spouse option (my spouse is in Canada with me on OWP).
Just write a clear explanation in the LoE.

Received PR already.

antoromeo18

Dec 13, 2023
That's not an explanation, it is a lie and misrepresentation. Anyone whose spouse intends to move to Canada with them, but they are gaming the CRS by making them non-accompanying, is misrepresenting themselves.
I am working in IT and earning good to take care of family. My wife did not have degree and does not work. Because of that crs score is low. Why should I miss the opportunity of getting PR because of my wife qualification. IRCC should think about this :)
Atleast they should approve if we give genuine reason is low crs score with spouse.