applying for EE with option not taking spouse with you

liaquat85

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
Dear all,

I am applying for EE entry with option
1. that my spouse is not accompanied with me and getting a CRS Score of 459
2. If I include her in my application my points go to 433.

so what if I apply for option 1 and then when I get the PR then what are the options that I can call her here in Canada do I need to apply for spouse visa then?
or she has to apply separately for EE and go through the process of PR?

Regards,
Ali

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Sponsorship which takes up to a year.
Hello Del,

I am just on the last stage of my EE application awaiting PPR soon in few days. I am getting married in september and that is why going to India. if i get my passport stamped here in canada right now(FSW Inland)
and then go to INDIA and inform CIC about marriage.

1. Will I be able to return my COPR and passport in INDIA ?
2. As per the lastest trend how much time they are taking for addition of spouse.
3. Can i get my passport stamped again in india itself.
4. When we get COPR do they ask if there would be any changes in your status in next 6 months(Just read somewhere).

Please throw some light on this?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Del,

I am just on the last stage of my EE application awaiting PPR soon in few days. I am getting married in september and that is why going to India. if i get my passport stamped here in canada right now(FSW Inland)
and then go to INDIA and inform CIC about marriage.

1. Will I be able to return my COPR and passport in INDIA ?
2. As per the lastest trend how much time they are taking for addition of spouse.
3. Can i get my passport stamped again in india itself.
4. When we get COPR do they ask if there would be any changes in your status in next 6 months(Just read somewhere).

Please throw some light on this?

Thanks
1 - Yes, you can add your spouse at any time prior to obtaining your PR status, even if your COPR has been issued another one will be reissued for you and your spouse.
2 - Around 1 to 3 months.
3 - Yes.
4 - No.

Read other threads regarding adding a dependent after PPR and have all the documents required from your spouse ready (PCC, medicals, etc)