+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

harismvec

May 27, 2013
HI,

I am from India. I would like to apply for Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) as am gonna apply for Federral Skilled Worker (FSW). I viewed the application form. The requirements are below and in that i have some queries.

1. A colour photocopy of your photo identification showing date of birth.
Which are valid photo identification? Driving License? Passport? PAN Card or any other?

2. A colour photocopy of both sides of the award (diploma or certificate) for each completed program of study,
What does this meant? Is that Secondary School Leaving Certificate(SSLC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) ?

3. A colour photocopy of both sides of your academic records/transcripts/statement of marks for each program of study.
What does this meant? I Completed B.Tech IT. So those certificates?

4. Official academic records/transcripts/statement of marks mailed directly from each educational institution
listed on this CES application form.
What does this really meant? Do i need to get anything from my college where i pursued my B.Tech IT?

I am really very much confused. Any ideas make me feel better.

Thanks in advance.

paopao

Aug 9, 2013
Since nobody (or anybody with experience) has answered you, I will put my two cents on your questions, based on what "I think" you should submit, notice I have no experience with this process and therefore you should keep investigating it:

(replies)
1 - A valid photo identification... well, sending the highest document available to you won´t hurt at all, the passport has more security requirements than any other document, a driving license won´t be my first choice for this reason alone. A national ID card should suffice as well, so to speak, or a combination of documents.
2 - Do you have an undergraduate tittle?, mine for example, is a nice piece of paper I got from my University when I finished my university studies. In front of this tittle, there is all the information related to your degree (studies), the name of the tittle (Chemical Engineer, for example), your photo, etc. In the back of this document, there is (usually) information related to the certification of it (in your local Education Ministry, etc.) or any other important information related to this document.
3 - Similar to the previous, but, here they are asking for your marks, a photocopy of this certificate, this document shows your marks (points from 0-10? grades from A to F?) for each university subject you took in order to get the undergraduate (or any) tittle you posses.
4 - The same document from your question No. 3 but, not mailed by you directly, but mailed from your university (or academic institution) directly itself, the institution must be the same you have mentioned on the CES application form. This requisite seems like an anti forgery measure.

I couldn´t help but notice, you are way off date on your attempt to apply to the (current) 2013 FSWP (June 04 2013, the date of your post), the cap for 2013 has probably been reached already by that date. Are you applying for the next year instead maybe?, you may want to consider, these guys usually ask for the latest ECA assessment possible available, for 2013, the date was Apr 13 (a saturday), a mere 19 days away from the application deadline. ECAS from previous dates were not valid, to my understanding.
(anyone who can affirm or disprove this statement is welcomed to say it).

harismvec

May 27, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I think the ECA is valid for 3 years. So i can use this for next year.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hey!

Does a degree completed from the UK require an ECA evaluation as well or is it exempted? Please provide a link if possible......

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
hasankhan27 said:
Hey!

Does a degree completed from the UK require an ECA evaluation as well or is it exempted? Please provide a link if possible......
Any degree earned OUTSIDE Canada need to to be assessed. Even if from UK, USA or Australia. The following link is relevant.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp