+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Canadian Passport by mail

seeker_38473

Apr 3, 2023
Hello everyone,

Has anyone recently applied for Canadian Passport by mail? Did it take more or less than 20 days? I need to travel in November, but there are absolutely no appointments available until late October! It is only recommended going in person if you're travelling soon, so it's not true for me, but they say that they are not responsible if they can't deliver in time if you apply by mail.. I am thinking if I should wait and go in person to do a rush service? It really feels backwards tho..
Any advice?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

Has anyone recently applied for Canadian Passport by mail? Did it take more or less than 20 days? I need to travel in November, but there are absolutely no appointments available until late October! It is only recommended going in person if you're travelling soon, so it's not true for me, but they say that they are not responsible if they can't deliver in time if you apply by mail.. I am thinking if I should wait and go in person to do a rush service? It really feels backwards tho..
Any advice?
Just go into a passport office and apply in person. Most offices seem to have no waiting for this now to speak of, not like before.

There are threads on applying for passport in person in the citizenship forum and I think it's not taking more than four weeks for most. You only need to prove you need it quicker (and pay more) if it's really short notice.

Reactions: seeker_38473