+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for canada immigration after deportation from usa

mulder

Jan 27, 2009
guys here is my story

in 2004 i went to the united states on a B1B2 visa and i over stayed my visa till i had a car accident nov 2007 and the police officer called the ins on me

i was at the hospital after the accident and then the officer gave 3 tickets with a total of almost 700 $ and told me to call my insurance company for the guy i hit his car but like an hour later i was picked up from the hospital by the ins

and after 2 weeks in jail i had my court and the judge granted me a voluntary departure and so i did depart b4 the time i was supposed to but without paying for the tickets or calling the insurance company

now my question is would all that affect my application ( am applying under fsw cat 1 and i am qualified )

i guess the voluntary departure means that i have a clean criminal record ! otherwise they would have kept me in jail for a longer time !!

please guys let me know as soon as possible

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: guys i need some advice

well, I guess the answer is to counter question you :

1).Have you applied for the PCC and FBI clearance from the US?.
If yes, what is the result?. What is written on it.

2).If u haven't, Why don't you get this clearances first and see what is written on them.
This will throw a light on your situation as seen and recorded in the US.

3). Don't forget that U will have to fill in the Background check form anyway b4 u receive any RPR.

Answer these questions and u will get an answer to your question.

[size=10pt]Disclaimer:
This is my personal view
[/size].

mulder

Jan 27, 2009

well i will try to get the fbi clearance but it takes a while ! like 2 or 3 months may be more to recive it !!
and i was thinking of applying for canadian immigration since u know they change the laws every once in a while besides am sure that after a while the economical crises will affect the canadian immigration laws !

so i will really get the fbi clearance but in the mean while i need someone that really have good idea about such issues to answer my q !!

mulder

Jan 27, 2009

GUYS !! ANY ONE ??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

mulder

Jan 27, 2009

mulder said:
guys here is my story

in 2004 i went to the united states on a B1B2 visa and i over stayed my visa till i had a car accident nov 2007 and the police officer called the ins on me

i was at the hospital after the accident and then the officer gave 3 tickets with a total of almost 700 $ and told me to call my insurance company for the guy i hit his car but like an hour later i was picked up from the hospital by the ins

and after 2 weeks in jail i had my court and the judge granted me a voluntary departure and so i did depart b4 the time i was supposed to but without paying for the tickets or calling the insurance company

now my question is would all that affect my application ( am applying under fsw cat 1 and i am qualified )

i guess the voluntary departure means that i have a clean criminal record ! otherwise they would have kept me in jail for a longer time !!

please guys let me know as soon as possible

unik

Sep 19, 2008
Bobby had given you the best advise which is to request an FBI report. It does not take long when you put on the envelop that you have a deadline.
So try it and see.
Good luck!!!

hao8165

Feb 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-10-2009
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
23-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2010 (In person)
A voluntary departure is different from deportation.

You can google and find relevant information about the difference

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
......................but without paying for the tickets or calling the insurance company ????
......................and after 2 weeks in jail????

And u refer to this as voluntary departure, Don't fool yourself. You stand nowhere without knowing what the PCC and FBI have in stock for you.

[size=10pt]Disclaimer:
I am not a legal Adbisor nor an Immigration Expert. This is my personal opinion.
[/size]

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mulder,
My 2 Cents Worth:

Try and get the PCC and FBI clearance from the US ASAP. It will help and guide you now and in the future. At least the mystery will be solved. You will know exactly where you stand. For all, if you have them once, you won't need to reapply for them anyway for immigration purposes, as you no longer live in the US.

zortobello

Mar 3, 2009
... and the clearance from FBI doesn't take 2-3 months. I got mine in less than two weeks. If you have a deadline you can indicate it on your application, and get it rather quickly. just have it sent to someone you know in the u.s. they can then forward it to you..

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
FBI clearance won't take that much time I guess. may be within 1 month you will get reply.

mulder

Jan 27, 2009
ok guys all u said is very good and i will but ummm u can say i cant wait to know the result of the fbi clearance !!! so i was looking for some legal advice !!! i told u my story and i didnt miss one detail !!! and by the way bobby the 2 weeks in jail, that was a immigration jail !! not like a criminal one ! couse u know being illegal in usa is not a crime , it is called "violation of immigration law" so if any of u guys have any idea please let me know !!

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Do not ask anyone here to give you legal advice because all we do here is to give merely opinion. I was wondering how the police officer would turn you to immigration since they can't do that. Just by having an accident, it is not enough for them to deport you even if you were here illegal, unless you did not have a valid driver's license when you had an accident. I current have a permanent resident here in the US but I was once out of status for 3 years and I also had an accident. The police officer asked for my driver's license and insurance card and made the report and after that, it was all history. Now, if you have something else you are no telling, then you have to be careful. I had a friend who was deported trying to come back here from his country and they sent him back. He did not want go through all the struggle to get the police certificate and all that. So, he got a new passport from his country and on the application, on the personal history, he put down he was still in his country (Spain), and that he was working as self-employed. It worked for him. However, he did not get any education here and only stayed here for 2 years. So, there was nothing here that he needed to put down on the application. Good luck!!!

mulder

Jan 27, 2009
i was deported becouse i overstayed my visa and actually he didnt put me in jail but instead he called the ins on me and picked me up ! for the car accident i had an international driving license and i had a valid insurance but umm as i said after i paid the bond and i got released i stayed in the country for like 2 weeks and then i went home and ofcourse i didnt have money to pay my insurance or to cancel it so after being released i didnt call my insurance for the guy

so umm wut do u think about my case