+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a US Visitor visa without the PR card.

tegveer

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Hey guys!

I will need to apply for a US B-1 Visitor visa next year, but I won't have my PR Card renewed till then as I will be still couple of months short of meeting the residency obligations.
Its actually quite important as I have to give the US medical licensing exam and I cannot wait till I get my PR card. The examination board will issue me a visa letter and I intend to drive to seattle with my brother just for a couple of days and we'll be back.

So Can I just Apply using my Confirmation of permanent residence?

Can the US visa officers figure out that I don't meed the RO and reject my visa or I get in trouble.

Thanks for your help.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tegveer said:
Hey guys!

I will need to apply for a US B-1 Visitor visa next year, but I won't have my PR Card renewed till then as I will be still couple of months short of meeting the residency obligations.
Its actually quite important as I have to give the US medical licensing exam and I cannot wait till I get my PR card. The examination board will issue me a visa letter and I intend to drive to seattle with my brother just for a couple of days and we'll be back.

So Can I just Apply using my Confirmation of permanent residence?

Can the US visa officers figure out that I don't meed the RO and reject my visa or I get in trouble.

Thanks for your help.
Why dont you just apply for the visa now while your PR card is valid? Or is it not?

US visa office has nothing to do with your residency obligations in Canada, it irrelevant to your application.

tegveer

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
CanV said:
Why dont you just apply for the visa now while your PR card is valid? Or is it not?

US visa office has nothing to do with your residency obligations in Canada, it irrelevant to your application.
yeah! My PR card has already expired! I got to Canada just a month before its expiry so didn't had any time to apply for a us visa.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tegveer said:
When you re-enter Canada, the officer may report you for not meeting the RO.

mkyasir

Jan 5, 2015
Hi,

Did you apply for a US visa already? I am in the same boat for my wife. I have already sent an application for renewal of her PR card, but not sure when I'll be able to get it.

We are to be in the US for mid February. My dilemma is, should I wait till I get the PR card or apply for the US Visit Visa without it. I know you can re-enter Canada with the Confirmation of Landing letter you would have gotten when you first arrived in Canada.

Let me know please!

Thank you and Good luck!