+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for a US Visa

ronnicane

Jul 30, 2012
hi! newbie here. I am from the Philippines. I Received my Canada immigrant visa just this week thru Provincial Nominee program of Manitoba. I am planning to apply for a US tourist (B2 visa) here in the Philippines and visit my friend in Seattle Washington, stay there for 1 week before officially migrating to Canada this coming November. My questions is during the interview at the US embassy here in the philippines "does it help if i will tell the officer that after visiting US, i will go directly to Canada for good because I'm holding an Canada immigrant visa and will not be back in the Philippines"? Or disclosing that information may cause rejection of my US visa application? please help
Thanks

neptune01

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2010
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
december 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 05, 2011 (via email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08/22/2011
Med's Done....
09/01/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 07, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 7, 2012
LANDED..........
June 9, 2012
Sharing my experience - it might give you some idea

I am in Canada and working full time for last two years. Done my landing in June 2012 (PNP). I have applied for US visit visa in July 5th 2012 and I got 10 years multiple. Two things they asked for Status in Canada and job reference letter to make sure that I have strong bonding in Canada so that I will come back to Canada.

I would say wait for some more response for exact situation then decide.

ronnicane

Jul 30, 2012
Thanks for the quick response. I already scheduled an appointment with the US Embassy here in the Philippines. I just don't know if I'll tell them that I'll be migrating to canada after my vacation in their country.