+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a SECOND time after a successful visa application

princepk

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

So I got study permit approval and TRV back in 2013 for MENG. But I did NOT go to Canada due to family reasons. Now I wish to apply for Study Permit and Temporary Resident Visa on the basis of admission I secured in the same University, same department for Spring 2016 with every thing same as last time. My issue is that how do I justify why I did NOT go the first time? My travel history is totally blank, my course is relevant and have sufficient funds like last time. Your input is welcome.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just be honest with them.
write a cover letter and explain why you did not go.
do not know your reason but
if there was a death in the family, send death cert. and tell you need to stay here and take care of family or etc.
or you had a job, then send some proof you have been working etc.

p.s. you need to get fresh docs for your forms including admission letter from school.

princepk

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes by same documents I mean I have new admission letter from same university for spring 2016, fresh bank statements and all fresh printouts n originals.

My reason was to look after family as I'm the only family member present in the city to look after my mother n financial matters.I wrote that in sop but don't have any docs to prove that.

I just have tickets from last time, university housing fee payment and currency exchange slips.

princepk

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bump.

My reason for not going was due to family obligations. I don't have any document proof for that and there can't be any. So I'm gonna go ahead with a fresh application, mention my previous UCI, and the details of the Study Permit and TRV that I've been issued in the "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada"...

If anyone has been through something like this, please share.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assume, you have not been rejected any permit/visa before.
so i don't think it would be problem to get new study permit.

but if you do not have any proof of your life (taking care of your family) for last few years (no work, no tax claim etc.)
you might wanna ask your friends or relatives to write a letter to support your story.

P.S if you have stayed at home and did not make any income for years.
CIC might question about your financial support, so you might wanna prepare for that.

princepk

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not been rejected any permit/visa before. My conditions since the last approved application has NOT changed at all. I'm at the same job, have admission letter for the same university for Spring 2016, the same university which I got admission in last time I applied. My family condition is unchanged. My martial status is unchanged. My sponsor is the same as last time, with more money to show for sponsoring. I have a valid TOEFL score (printout though, didn't receive originals).

So in short every single thing is same as last time but with fresh documentation for this application. I even have property which I'm paying installments for.

So after an expired approved study permit/visa, I think my situation is like applying for a study permit the first time (at least that's what an agent told me when I told him my case).

So I'm just mentioning in my SOP that I had family responsibilities that's why didn't leave. Can't think any way to prove that.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thought you have stayed at home for your family and did not have a job etc.

What CIC would concern is a gap you can not explain on your life history (think there is a question to fill out what you have done/been since 18 year old)

you can prove you has been working but like you said you cannot prove you have been taking care of your family.

only thing you can do would be writing a cover letter explain the situation that you had to stay with your family and also reason why you decide to go to school now.

sound like you prepare well for application so don't think CIC would not concern much about delay of your study.

p.s like I mentioned, a letter from friends and family would be helpful if you are really concerned about that.

Good luck

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
princepk said:
Hey all,

So I got study permit approval and TRV back in 2013 for MENG. But I did NOT go to Canada due to family reasons. Now I wish to apply for Study Permit and Temporary Resident Visa on the basis of admission I secured in the same University, same department for Spring 2016 with every thing same as last time. My issue is that how do I justify why I did NOT go the first time? My travel history is totally blank, my course is relevant and have sufficient funds like last time. Your input is welcome.
Floomy is right in his suggestion. I would suggest to get a very emotional letter from your mother, whom you stayed with during the time and other family member to back your story. You should be fine with the fresh application.