+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying BOWP - Do we need to apply for separately for Dependent Spouse & Child

Jobs2014

Feb 9, 2014
Hi,

Experienced Candidate, seek clarifications/suggestion.

I'm preparing to apply for BOWP. On Closed work permit and filed application for Permanent Residency.
Spouse on Open Work Permit (not working currently) and Child on Student Permit (Elementary). These Visas are issued as dependents based on my Current Closed work permit.

Question is :-
1. when i apply for BOWP, how should i submit application for my dependents (Spouse and Child)?
2. Do i have to separately submit applications for my wife and Child?
3. Is BOWP recommended to be submitted online when i have to file dependent application for my spouse and child as well.?

The Intention is to have the current status extended for my dependents along with mine, as i apply for BOWP.

Appreciate advice/suggestions.

Thanks!

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Jobs2014 said:
Hi,

Experienced Candidate, seek clarifications/suggestion.

I'm preparing to apply for BOWP. On Closed work permit and filed application for Permanent Residency.
Spouse on Open Work Permit (not working currently) and Child on Student Permit (Elementary). These Visas are issued as dependents based on my Current Closed work permit.

Question is :-
1. when i apply for BOWP, how should i submit application for my dependents (Spouse and Child)?
2. Do i have to separately submit applications for my wife and Child?
3. Is BOWP recommended to be submitted online when i have to file dependent application for my spouse and child as well.?

The Intention is to have the current status extended for my dependents along with mine, as i apply for BOWP.

Appreciate advice/suggestions.

Thanks!
1. You can submit all application together or separately - doesn't matter. Me and my spouse submitted our application together and got BOWP.
2. --
3. Online application is faster, otherwise should not be any difference.

Jobs2014

Feb 9, 2014
Thanks!

So i assume for child (student) as well, one can submit together with that of Principal BOWP application.

Please advice....

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Jobs2014 said:
Thanks!

So i assume for child (student) as well, one can submit together with that of Principal BOWP application.

Please advice....
Yes, start the online questionnaire and it will ask you for all the family members for whom you want to apply for WP.