+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply with a B NOC and master degree

ParisaCA

Apr 8, 2019
Hello All,
I am going to apply for EE under 2282 NOC, and here it is the Employment requirements,

"Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required."

But I have a master degree in software system engineering. I was wondering if I could apply with master, however, the education requirement is a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration.
Thanks in advance.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Hello All,
I am going to apply for EE under 2282 NOC, and here it is the Employment requirements,

"Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required."

But I have a master degree in software system engineering. I was wondering if I could apply with master, however, the education requirement is a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration.
Thanks in advance.
It sounds like you would be just fine your qualifications are pretty much what there asking just different names. But you'll need to get an ECA done.

Do you have any work experience in that NOC code or just the qualification?

ParisaCA

Apr 8, 2019
I have studied in Canada, and I have 1 year Canadian experience in this NOC. My only concern is if I can apply for this NOC with the master degree.

ParisaCA

Apr 8, 2019
It sounds like you would be just fine your qualifications are pretty much what there asking just different names. But you'll need to get an ECA done.

Do you have any work experience in that NOC code or just the qualification?
I have studied in Canada, and I have 1 year Canadian experience in this NOC. My only concern is if I can apply for this NOC with the master degree. Could you please advise me?

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
I have studied in Canada, and I have 1 year Canadian experience in this NOC. My only concern is if I can apply for this NOC with the master degree. Could you please advise me?
Yes you can put that experience down in that NOC. The NOC code educational requirements are more of a guide for those jobs than anything else. If you notice it says is usually required so in essence you don't have to have it. But if you said you worked in that NOC with zero qualifications they may put your application into additional reviews. As you have that qualification a masters which is great you'll be fine.

Good luck and best of luck.

ParisaCA

Apr 8, 2019
Yes you can put that experience down in that NOC. The NOC code educational requirements are more of a guide for those jobs than anything else. If you notice it says is usually required so in essence you don't have to have it. But if you said you worked in that NOC with zero qualifications they may put your application into additional reviews. As you have that qualification a masters which is great you'll be fine.

Good luck and best of luck.
Perfect. Thanks for your complete answer.

Reactions: youknowluke