+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply TRV while PFL is pending

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Plenty of supporting documents were submitted to prove that I am returning to Canada. If I can go back reeastablish OHIP during the Covid crisis that shows I am serious about returning back to Canada. The only thing I can do is buy a home or may be rent something for 12 months. I visited Canada 42 times by airplane in the last 5 years. I had the highest level on Porter Airlines. So I do not see the point in reapplying. Should I fly Air Canada 300 times next year to show intent?
If you're trying to underline* that you're angry and shouldn't be making decisions while angry, it's working.

You're doing the classic thing of listing the things that prove your point instead of trying to figure out what the weaknesses were/things you may have missed. Confirmation bias-orama.

* See what I did there?

Reactions: YVR123 and ttanin

ttanin

Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Sorry I have no idea how underlines got added. Let me see if I can edit it

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry I have no idea how underlines got added. Let me see if I can edit it
No worries, was just kidding.

Don't take comments here, including mine, personally or too seriously. Just trying to help, perhaps in a tone that not all will appreciate.

ttanin

Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
I could be wrong on this but basically when you re-apply you give Canadian immigration a chance to find other reasons to deny your application. Its a totally new application. They can question the marriage, wedding list, etc. Being mixed background Muslim/Jewish marrying a Vietnamese woman, it would not take them long to find something they can pick on. When you appeal they can not bring up new things. So the appeal hearing will only focus on me moving back to Canada or not. And If I were to move like few weeks before the hearing, basically I will win the appeal. Since I am convinced Singapore Visa office is determined to deny no matter what evidence I present. the appeal looks like a better option.

I raised the issue with my MP. I asked Immigration Minister to issue a halt to the stupid Canadian immigration policy of Canadian citizens intent to return. Basically the issue I raised is that if an Israeli Canadian wants to return back to Canada because of the war, they face the obstacle of proving they intend to return back to Canada. That's unreasonable. Such policy is antisemitic and it does not carry Canadian values. Lets see what happens.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Since I am convinced Singapore Visa office is determined to deny no matter what evidence I present. the appeal looks like a better option.
You are 'convinced' of a lot of things. And yet you do not seem to have listened much to anything anyone else has said here. You convinced yourself of certain things beforehand and - it seems to me - you are not open to listening to others, nor searching out information that might disagree with whatever you already think, only things that confirm that.

I don't mean this to be overly harsh - but I don't think providing you with more information is going to change your mind.

So good luck; I just doubt that anything more I could say would have any impact.

Basically the issue I raised is that if an Israeli Canadian wants to return back to Canada because of the war, they face the obstacle of proving they intend to return back to Canada.
The issue you raised is patently nonsense. Israeli-Canadians - PRs and citizens - face NO issue whatsoever returning to Canada. They get on a plane to return to Canada. That's it. They do not remotely need to prove they have an intent to return to Canada. (Those without current documents might have to renew them or get temporary docs - which the Embassy actively facilitates.) Holders of Israeli national passports can also travel to Canada without even a visa, just an ETA. (I won't even honour your other statement with the dignity of a response; it's just laughable in this context)

The 'intent to return' ONLY applies to those who wish to sponsor their spouses from abroad. It's easily dealt with by ... actually returning.

There are family reunification policies that can be somewhat inconsistent - but in your case it seems your spouse did not even apply for a TRV until more than a year or so into the process, and only AFTER you got a PFL.

And please, your spouse is not in a war zone.